7 | family

December 4, 2010
Auburn v. South Carolina

Cam's POV.
It's the SEC Championship game against South Carolina, and the whole team was hype. There were only fourty-five seconds left in the game, and we were celebrating because we won. The score was 56-17, so of course we were happy. I looked in the direction of the cheerleaders, and Briana was smilling at me.

"Good job," she mouthed. I mouthed back a "thank you," then winked at her.

The time ran out, and we went on the field to shake hands and give interviews. Once we were done, the cheerleaders and fans ran on the field. I smiled when I saw Briana running toward me. I caught her in my arms, and she gave me the biggest kiss.

"Y'all did so good! I'm so proud of you," she said with her forehead against mine.

"Thanks baby," I smiled, "but I'm sweaty."

"I don't care." She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

She jumped down and when I looked up, I saw my parents & little brother walking toward us.

"Briana, I want you to meet my family," I said, grabbing her hand.

"Wait, what? Now?"

"Don't worry, baby. It'll be fine." I kissed her temple for reassurance and led her to my family.

"Cameron!"

"Hey Mom. Hey Dad." I gave my parents & Caylin a hug as Briana tried to hide behind me.

"Who's this?" my dad asked, referring to my shy girlfriend.

"Y'all, this is my girlfriend, Briana," I said, putting my arm around her.

"Girlfriend?!" The way my mom said girlfriend made Briana jump a little, and she kinda clung to my side. "I'm sorry, sweetie," my mom said apologetically, "I didn't mean to scare you. I was just shocked because Cameron never mentioned he was seeing someone."

Briana's grip on my side loosened and she looked a little less scared.

"It's nice to meet you," my mom smiled, "I'm Jackie."

"Nice to meet you," Briana smiled nervously.

"I'm Caylin, Cam's more handsome younger brother. You're pretty."

"Thank you," Briana giggled.

"Hi Briana. I'm Cam's dad, Cecil."

"Nice to meet you."

"Cam, she's so cute!" my mom squealed, making Briana blush and bury her head in my side.

I chuckled. "We gotta go, but I'll talk to y'all later." We all said our goodbyes, then Briana & I left the field.

"I know this isn't how you pictured it and I know it's early, but I'm glad you got the chance to meet my family today," I said, taking her hands in mine.

"It's fine," she said softly with a smile. "They're sweet, and I like them."

I smiled at her and bent down to kiss her forehead. "Now when do I get to meet your family?"

She bit the corner of her lip and knitted her eyebrows together. "Let's not worry about that right now. Come on, you need to go to the locker room."

She escorted me to the locker room, gave me a quick kiss on the lips and scurried off.

--+--

Tuesday, December 7

I was sitting on the bench outside of Briana's psych class waiting for her to come out. When she did, she trudged toward me and stood in between my legs.

"Hey, baby girl."

"Hi," she said sweetly.

I placed a kiss to her cheek, then got up so we could leave. "What do you wanna do?" I asked, putting my arm around her.

"I wanna go to sleep. I'm so tired."

I looked down at her and chuckled. "I'm gonna take you to your room and we're gonna take a nap together, alright?"

I playfully kissed her cheek, and she let out a child-like giggle. It may have been the cutest thing I've ever witnessed.

As we approached her dorm, I heard tiny running footsteps and a child's voice. "Sissy!"

We both turned around there was a little girl running toward Briana.

"Brooke!" Briana ran up to the little girl, picked her up and spun her around.

"I miss you, NaNa."

"I miss you too, baby girl," Briana said with a tear rolling down her cheek. "Cam, this is my little sister, Brooke. Brooke, this is NaNa's boyfriend, Cam. Can you say hi?"

"Hi, Cam!"

"Hi, Brooke," I chuckled.

She's such a cute kid, and she looks just like Briana.

"Brooke, how'd you get here?" Briana asked her.

She pointed to the man walking in our direction, "Papaw."

Briana looked up and set Brooke down before running toward the man, who I'm assuming is her grandfather.

"Grandpa, what are you doing here?" I heard her ask.

"Brooke wanted to see her big sister," he said, setting her down. "Who's this young man?"

"Grandpa, this is my boyfriend, Cam."

"Boyfriend, huh?" He looked at her, then at me and raised his eyebrow.

"Nice to meet you, sir," I said, shaking his hand nervously.

"Nice to meet you too, son. Are you taking care of my granddaughter?"

"Yes sir."

"That's good to hear," he said, "can I take you kids out to eat."

"Yes!" Briana said, picking Brooke up.

It seems like she rarely sees her family, so I didn't wanna intrude. I told her I would see her later, but she protested.

"He can come with us, right Grandpa?"

"Of course he can," he said, patting my back. "Come on, young blood."

I laughed a little at him calling me "young blood" and followed them to the car.