1 | jukebox

September 4, 2010
Auburn v. Arkansas State

Cam's POV.
It's our first game of the season and we're playing Arkansas State. There were two minutes before halftime, and we were up 35-16.

I was standing on the sideline next to my teammate, Michael Dyer, when I looked to my right and saw her — the head cheerleader for Auburn. I didn't know her name or anything about her to be honest. I've seen her around campus, and she basically keeps to herself.

"Michael, what's the head cheerleader's name?" I asked.

"Man, that's Briana. How do you not know that?"

"Because she's not all over the place like the other cheerleaders."

Taking another look at her, I noticed her appearance. She has perfect brown skin with black hair that falls past her shoulders. She looked like she was about 5'3", with nice legs and the greatest abs I've ever seen on a girl. She's got curves in all the right places and her smile is to die for. God, I'm already sprung on the girl and I just found out her name ten seconds ago.

I was so caught up in looking at her, I didn't even notice the second quarter ended.

Following the rest of the team, I made my way to the locker room with only one thing on my mind. I'm determined to talk to Briana after the game.

--+--

Well, we won our game 52-26. Some of the guys are going out to this local diner and apparently some of the cheerleaders will be there too.

We got inside and saw that the cheerleaders were already here. The first person I saw was Briana, and she looked stunning.

Since they were sitting at a big booth, we decided to just sit with them.

"Hey y'all!" Morgan greeted us, "good first game!"

"Thanks," we said in unison.

I tuned out their conversation so I could think about what I'd say to Briana. I don't have a problem talking to girls but for some reason, she's different. I haven't even had a conversation with her yet, and she already makes me nervous.

"I'm gonna go see what songs they have on the jukebox," Briana said standing up.

Yes, she just said jukebox.

"Oooh, see if it has 'BedRock' by Young Money," Avery told her. She nodded and walked away from the table.

Michael nudged me and nodded in Briana's direction, signaling me to follow her.

"What are y'all doing?" Morgan asked.

"Cam likes Briana, but he won't go talk to her," Michael said, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Aww," the girls said together.

"Don't waste your time, man," Onterrio chimed in, "I tried that last year, but she turned me down."

"That's because you were a jerk about it," Avery said, a hint of attitude in her voice. "Cam, if you wanna talk to her, go over there."

I took their advice and went up to the jukebox with Briana. She looked at me and smiled, then turned her attention back to the jukebox.

"H-Hi," I said, mentally face palming for stuttering.

"Hi," she smiled.

"I'm, uh, I'm —"

"I know who you are, Cameron."

"Please. Call me Cam," I suggested.

"Okay, Cam," she smiled, "what can I do for you?"

"I wanna get to know you. I see you around and you seem so quiet. Do we have a class together?"

"Yeah, prob & stat. I actually sit right behind you."

"No you don't. I would've noticed if you were sitting behind me."

She chuckled and turned her body so she was completely facing me. "Yeah, I do. You never really turn around, so you've never looked me in the face to know it was me."

"Well, I think I'll be turning around a lot more."

She lowered her head and I swear if she were light enough, I would be able to see her blush.

She started to walk away, forgetting the reason she came over here.

"Wait," I started, "can I have your number?"

She smirked and crossed her arms over her chest. "Why do you need my number?"

"Y'know, just in case I need help with homework, or maybe one day I can take you out or something like that."

She playfully thought about it for a second before smiling. "Okay. Let me see your phone."

I took my phone out and handed it to her so she could put her number in.
"There you go."

"Briana, let's go," Morgan said, walking over. "You said you'd help me study for psych."

"Alright." She followed Avery & Morgan but before she stepped out, she turned around. "I'll see you in class on Monday."

"Okay."

And with that, she left me standing in the diner with the cheesiest grin on my face.