17 | gender reveal

May 11, 2011

Briana's POV.

I knew my grandpa wanted to do something with me for my birthday, so Cam & I stayed in Alabama for a couple extra days.

But today is Cam's birthday, and I have no idea what to do for him. He told me not to worry about it, but he's my boyfriend; of course I'm gonna worry about it.

I quietly walked into the guest room and sat on the bed next to a sleeping Cam. I lied beside him and ran my index finger along his jawline before giving him a peck on the lips.

"Good morning, baby," he said with his eyes still closed.

"Good morning," I said back, "happy birthday."

His eyes fluttered open and he smiled. "Thank you."

He kissed my forehead and sat up just as Brooke ran in the room. She jumped on the bed and into Cam's lap, then looked up at him with a wide smile.

"Happy bir'day, Cam!" she smiled, giving him a hug.

"Thank you, Brookie," he said, tickling her.

I smiled and watched the way they interacted. Cam is so good with Brooke, and it made me excited to see what he's like with our little one.

We got up, they went to brush their teeth, then they joined me in the kitchen, where I made breakfast.

"You did all this with one hand?" Cam asked, pointing to my wrapped wrist. I nodded and set everything on the table. "Football-shaped pancakes?"

"Just for you, babe," I said, kissing his forehead.

He smiled and started eating while I got Brooke situated at the table.

"You're gonna be such a good mom," Cam said, looking at me.

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

He put his arm around my shoulders to pull me a little closer to him, then softly pressed his lips against mine. I pulled away and gave him one last peck when I heard Brooke giggling next to me.

"So because I'm such a lousy girlfriend, I didn't get you anything," I said, immediately feeling terrible. "I wanted to, but I didn't know what to get you and with my grandma passing, I —"

He shut me up by capturing my lips in his own, something he tends to do when I talk too much.

"Was I talking too much?" I asked.

"Yeah," he chuckled, "I don't care that you didn't get me anything. You made me breakfast with a bad wrist and on top of that, we get to find out the sex of baby Newton today. That's the only gift I need."

I smiled as he pressed a gentle kiss to my lips but deep down, I still felt bad.

After breakfast, Cam took his shower, and I gave Brooke a bath. Once we were all ready to go, we left the house and headed to my doctor's office.

--+--

While waiting for the doctor to come in, Cam was sitting in the chair with Brooke in his lap and bouncing his leg up & down.

"Are you nervous?" I asked, giggling a little.

"I'm more anxious than nervous," he answered, "I'm just ready to see what it is."

I smiled at how cute he was being about everything. From the moment he found out I was pregnant, he has been nothing but helpful, and I'm so thankful for him.

After waiting for a couple more minutes, Dr. Turner walked in.

"Hey you guys," she said, "how are y'all doing?"

"Good," Cam & I said in unison.

She looked down at my bandaged wrist, then looked back up at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Bri, what happened to your wrist?" she asked.

"Alisha."

She sighed and shook her head. Dr. Turner is Avery's mom, and my mom's friend. She knows exactly how crazy my mom is, which explains her reaction.

"I'm sorry, Bri," she said, patting my shoulder. "But are y'all ready to see what you're having?"

"Yes!" Cam practically blurted, making me & Dr. Turner laugh.

"Well okay."

I lied back on the examination table and she applied the cold gel on my stomach. She moved the transducer around my stomach until the image of the baby showed up on the screen.

"What are we hoping for?" Dr. Turner asked, looking at the screen.

"It doesn't matter to me," I said, "but Cam's mom wants a granddaughter."

She moved the transducer around a little more, then she smiled. "Well Cam, it looks like your mom is gonna get that granddaughter she wants."

Cam & I looked at each other, and he had the biggest smile on his face, I thought his face would get stuck like that.

"I'm gonna go print the picture for y'all," Dr. Turner smiled, "congratulations."

After she wiped the gel off my stomach, she walked out and I pulled my shirt down and sat up.

"I can't believe we're gonna have a girl," Cam beamed, "I'm gonna spoil her so much."

I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled because I know he's serious.

"I love you so much, Briana, and I can't wait for our little girl to get here," he said, before he kissed my temple.

"I love you too, NaNa!" Brooke shouted with a big grin.

I chuckled. "I love y'all too."

I kissed my baby sister & boyfriend, then we left the doctor's office and went back to the house.