Chapter 2: "Father"

[Mild curse warning!]

Panting from her long sprint, she stepped into the Sasaki Support Company's entrance, where Yuu Sasaki — the support company's boss and her adoptive "father" — himself was waiting for her with his arms across his chest. The employees around noticed, but knew better than to meddle with their boss' personal affairs, choosing to nervously continue on with their work and try to ignore it.

She knew speaking first would just annoy him so she stood rigidly and kept quiet, as he would think that she disrespected him for some odd reason if she didn't let him have the first word (or the last, for that matter). For a moment, neither of them spoke.

".....You're later than usual, Sayua. Care to explain why?" He huffed, not very angry but irked nonetheless.

She mentally sighed out of a mixture of tiredness and relief as she bowed with both pairs of hands clasped in front of her, apologising monotonously , "Sorry, father. I got distracted on my way here."

"Of course you did," he sighed in exasperation, as if this was a daily occurrence — which it wasn't, by the way. She could count the times she's ever been late on one hand. She rarely breaks out of her routine, as nothing out of the ordinary has really happened to her ever since she's been in his care. It's not that she was ungrateful that nothing bad was happening, it's just that she got too used to her everyday schedule:

Go to school, work at company, do homework, train, go to sleep. Wake up the next morning and repeat.

It's been like this for the past year.

I's likely why he cared so much about her being late in the first place — he really doesn't like getting out of routine. It was probably a comfort to him, knowing that he can wake up in the morning and knowing what exactly how his day would be like, despite how boring it was to her.

He turned away from her, using his right hand to motion for her to go on her way into the company building, "Go on and change out of your uniform, we have a large order to complete today and I don't want to extend everyone's work time."

She simply nodded, not wanting everybody to work longer just because she couldn't finish her own part on time. She walked briskly into a nearby corridor and grabbed her work outfit from her locker, turning around a corner to enter the restroom ahead. She changed into her dye-stained work clothes in seconds and threw her school uniform inside her locker once she exited, swiftly making her way to the back of the building where most of the cloth for hero outfits were made.

As soon as her presence was known to the other workers, the noise and chatter hushed and faded away as they focused on their work, not wanting to be caught slacking off by their boss' daughter.

She kept a stone cold expression on her face, even though they could barely see her expression in the first place.

She sighed mentally again as she slid into her chair at her personal workspace, checking over the stack of paper placed there, prepping herself for getting into the "zone".

Okay, first one. An elastic type 6 meter long roll, colour: #f02e71. Fireproof. Should be easy enough.

She found herself the right colour card, focusing on the exact shade as silk of same colour came out of her finger tips and wove themselves into stretch, highly resistant cloth at an alarming pace.

It was incredibly easy for Sayua to do after the ridiculous amount of practice the has with it. She does continually use her silk for hours seven days a week after all, for both work and training.