Autophobia

Zane got out of the limo slowly. His feet felt heavy as he stretched his back. He wasn't expecting the meeting to take so long. Zane smiled as he walked up the stairs. He wasn't expecting it to go so well either. Another business dependent on him, another source pooling money at his feet. Work was stressful, but damn the power makes it all worth it.

The moon was shining brightly and casting cool light onto his white mansion. Zane lifted a brow when he saw Amelia's room lit. Pulling his sleeve to check his watch, it was almost two in the morning. He sighed letting out a short puff of air.

If Amelia thought Zane wouldn't set a bed time; she thought wrong.

Walking into the mansion, he eyed his butler. His butler usual worn a bored or distant expression. Tonight, he looked tired and stressed. Zane stopped walked and turned to his butler who was shutting and locking the door behind him. His butler is never stressed.

"You look like had a long day." Zane stated.

His butler sighed and turned back to Zane, "It has been a long evening, sir." The butler gave Zane a sympathetic look, "Amelia is not well."

"Has she not gotten better?" Zane started walked quickly down the hall to Amelia's room.

His butler followed beside him, "She has..." He trailed off. "Sir, do you plan to refill her meds?"

Zane huffed, "I'm not an idiot, I have her prescription ready the day she runs out." He stopped and turned to his butler, "Now will you tell me what's wrong?"

"She has doubled the amount of pills she was supposed to be taking." The butler gave Zane a sad look, "She ran out yesterday and told no one."

"Shit."

Zane and the butler rushed down the hall to Amelia's room. The door was open and light was pouring out into the dimly lit hallway. Zane didn't break stride as he roughly pushed the door aside and walked in.

His maid, Charlotte, was sitting on the bed with Amelia in her lap. They were both wrapped in the large blanket and looking at a large tablet. Charlotte was sitting with her back against the headboard while Amelia laid back onto her. Amelia had tight grips on Charlotte's arms while the maid was doing something on the screen.

The whole scene made Zane's heart twist. Charlotte looked up with tired and teary eyes. Amelia was wide awake, eyes red, and tears streaming heavily down her cheeks. Zane walked up to the bed and sat at the foot of it.

Amelia ignored him and continued watching the screen.

"Amelia."

She looked up to him, but said nothing. Her grip still tight on Charlotte's forearms.

Zane had no idea what to do. He so desperately wanted to ask Charlotte or his butler for help, but obviously they both were struggling.

He wants to help Amelia, but first he must send Charlotte and his butler home. Charlotte is a maid, no therapist, and for her to be in this stressful situation was unfair for her. Amelia is Zane's, therefore, Zane will have to learn how to handle this. Amelia may not be happy being left with Zane, and Charlotte may want to stay and help, but Zane gets the final say.

"Amelia," How is he supposed to word this? "Charlotte needs to go home."

Amelia's eyes widened as she tightened her grip on Charlotte. Charlotte winced but she still held her, mouthing 'thank you' to Zane.

Amelia shook her head rapidly, "No." She whispered.

"She has to go home," Zane tried softly, "She has family at home who are worried about her. It's not fair to keep her away."