Truth

"You don't have to come with me today." Zane was pouring the last of his coffee before getting Amelia a glass of orange juice.

He heard Amelia mumble something as he walked around the maid that was making their breakfast. Approaching Amelia, who was resting her forehead on the table, he set her drink next to her before taking his own seat.

He wished he hadn't mentioned the offer to let her work with him. Well, he wished he offered it after her wound was healed. She woke up from the pain in her leg due to the walking she did while she was drinking last night and she was also hung over from how much she had. However, despite how ill she was she was determined to go to work with him. He knew she would be most likely just following him around to see what he did. His arms trafficking was running smoothly on its own thanks to Grace so he didn't have to show her any of that. Today was all the boring business, checking in on his hotel chains and a meeting he had with Carlo.

He also made sure he called his worked and told them to have a wheelchair on standby for Amelia just in case she needed it.

The maid set both of their plates down in front of them along with an ibuprofen on a napkin next to Amelia's orange juice. Amelia sat up and rubbed her face as she thanked the maid.

"Did you hear what I said?"

Amelia nodded. "I'm fine."

She had been avoiding to look at him all morning. He let her, knowing it was most likely from her remembering what she did last night, what she did to him. He couldn't tell if she regretted it or not. He wanted to ask. However, he decided to let it be a mystery. His only clues he had were the sneaking glances she gave him and all the blushing she had been doing all morning.

They ate breakfast and finished their small conversations before going out to the car. John joined them on the way there. Zane smiled seeing him. He was no longer in his usual vest and was now in a fitted suit and tie. He also had his hair styled differently. He looked good. Zane even felt himself standing taller when he started walking beside Amelia.

They got in the limo and Zane let Amelia and John talk as he checked his emails on his laptop. With Amelia being new to the scene and John never had stepped foot their either, he expected this to be a very busy and distracted day.

He didn't have much concern until he got a reminder from Grace about his meeting this morning. His meeting with Carter.

Cursing under his breath he pulled out his laptop.

********

"You work here?"

Zane nodded as they stepped in. His senses were at an all time high. He didn't know why, but the thought of Carter seeing Amelia and vise versa brought a twist in his gut. He knew it would be a shit show if Amelia found out that Zane was trying to keep her away from her father.

But the missing files Zane had retrieved from Carter has made him not only lose respect for the man, but hate him for every fiber of his being. He wanted Amelia no where near that man. He wanted to shoot the man himself and bury him off in a junk yard for some dogs to find. However, he promised Amelia that he would not touch her father. To make it worse, Zane is having troubles finding a way to bring it up with Amelia. He had no idea how she was going to react. He knew she would forever hate her father and that was not her concern. He thought that it might ruin all his hard work to make something with Amelia. Part of him thought that it was ridiculous to assume that, but he was keeping it from her too even though he was trying to find out how to tell her.

Shaking his head he went into his private elevator and put in his code. He smiled seeing Amelia blatantly looking over to see as he punched in the code. Even John was sneaking a glance as well. As it went up he conjured up a plan. Carter was only going to be there for less than an hour, Grace could easily keep Amelia busy without suspicion.