Chapter 3 - The Horde Spawner

The day of the plan to clear Floor 4 came. I went toward the horde spawner, by myself as per plan. Given my abilities and skills at this point in Aincrad, it was fitting that I would be charged with liquidating this threat to our progress. When I arrived there, it was already in the process of spawning another horde. With so many mobs already in the pit, I decided to use the skill "Judgement of Retribution." The effect was devastating. The mobs in the pit were reduced by over a third of their numbers and those that remained took severe damage. In a such weakened state, I leapt into the pit and start cutting down mobs. It took me a while, but I eventually cleared the pit and then progressed into the dungeon. Going through it, scattered Fallen Elf Soldiers appeared in various rooms, but I defeated them with ease. It was still a slow process, since this particular dungeon contained a fairly good number of rooms, at least 30 - 40, so it took about 10-15 minutes before I was able to confront the dungeon boss. It was a humanoid shark monster, armed with a long handled axe. 'Biterus The Feared', the name read. We fought, and it was a bit of a tough fight. But in the end, it didn't matter. I had the advantage with my demon lord skills. He didn't.
———————————————————————————
With the neutralization of the horde spawner complete, we could now turn our attention to defeating the floor boss. According to Argo and Kirito, the boss' name was "Wythege The Hippocampus." It sounded almost ancient really, but it didn't really cause me much concern. It was going to go down, one way or the other. Call it whatever you may, but it was what we had to do. Little did we realize, this labyrinth and the next would be one of the few that carried more movie references than monsters in them.