☠︎︎ 3 ☠︎︎

Nari✔︎

"I'm Haechan, nice to meet you." He flashed a smile as if we weren't being chased by a group of them. His eyes glistened through the splatter of blood all over his face. The trickles of his sweat smudging the dots of crimson plasma.

"Uh, miss I was asking for your name?" He swatted his hand in front of me, looking into my eyes that were still in shock.

"O-oh right. I'm Nari." I forced a smile and held out a hand for him to accept and shake. He took my hand and shook it. It was rather awkward when we were both chuckling nervously and cleared out throats.

A low growl cut us off and made our heads whip to its direction. Slight panic rushed into my veins, it was nerve-wracking. "We'll do intro later. We need to run away from here before more of them come and attack us."

He nodded and held my arm. It wasn't too tight but not too lose to let me go. We ran away while I followed him like a lost child. "At least, tell me where we're going."

"We can stay at my friend's house if he's still there. It's not too far away, like maybe 3 blocks away? His house is perfect for situations like this. He has all the food and water there." What he said made me feel a bit of relief. He didn't seem like a bad guy at all...

We turned right on an intersection but we halted our run when there were 3 of them roaming around lost and hungry. "Well fuck." He gently pushed me back as we hid ourselves from them behind a wall. He looked around for anything he could use as a weapon. My eyes wandered until it landed on a chuck of wood and a metal bar.

"Look." I patted him and pointed towards the two handy items.

"Can you fight?" His auburn eyes looked into mine.

"I-" He grabbed my hand and placed the metal bar on it. My hands were shaking nervously as I didn't want to witness or commit such crime. "Isn't this illegal?"

"Nari we're gonna be living with monsters from now on. We can't think twice about saving ourselves." He stated as he stretched and gripped on the chunk of wood as a starter.

"We will try to be as quiet as we can. We just need these weapons to protect ourselves just in case something happens, okay?" He raised his eyebrows at me, waiting for a response and I nodded back.

I composed myself, breathing in and out. 'I can do this. Don't be an ass.' I replayed multiple times in my head. 'Don't be a disappointment to someone you just met.'

"Stop breathing so loudly. You're scaring me." He complained, while checking the area where the three zombies are. "Anyway, we'll be going now. Hope you prayed as you breathed awhile ago." He tightly gripped on the wood and exhaled, "I'll go first. Just follow me, okay?" I nodded again.

He checked the area again before crouching to hide behind a red car. He slightly stood up to check them through the window. He looked at me and gestured to come over.

I let my eyes wander around the area before I mimicked his actions before, leaning against the shiny car door.

I sighed and tried to relax a bit before a pair of hands grabbed my neck tightly, bringing my head up to itself. It's snarling was in unison with my yelling, "Haechan, help!" I felt him tightly grab my hips and harshly pushed me away from the monster before it even got a good bite of my neck.

Gory sounds were all I heard, smashing and mashing until its cries toned down and disappeared. I helped myself up, letting out a grunt as I notcied a bruise that formed on my arm.

"Nari, help me out!" My head whipped to Haechan's direction, seeing him blocking the monster's head with the wood from biting him.

I ran towards him, "Hit it, Nari!" He let go and I swing the bar onto its face before it could even grab one of us. Blood splattered everywhere as its skull was crushed, revealing guts that I assume was its brain. I just killed someone...

"Nari, take the other one and I'll take this one." He commanded but I was too shocked by my own actions to hear anything.

I dropped the bar, emitting a loud clinking noise as I looked at my hands that have done such cruel thing to do. "What have I done..."

A loud gun shot rang into my ears. My eyes witnessed the monster being shot on its chest. My eyes wandered to see a man in a blood-stained white shirt, denim pants, and a cap topping it all off.

"Just in time or you could've been killed, miss." He walked towards me as he shove his gun in his pocket. He bent down and grabbed the metal bar. "Please be more alert and don't space out. There's no time to think when you're fighting these monsters." He nodded towards the carcass beside us.

"We're okay, Mark. We're damn glad you asked." Haechan commented, kicking the body of a smashed skull away from him as it rolled.

"Shut up, Hyuck."