☠︎︎ 7 ☠︎︎

𓁹

"You guys ready?" Asked Mark as he secures the black vest he was wearing. They wore clothes that were tight yet protective so they wouldn't have to worry much about getting grabbed by a gore.

It was morning at 9am, too early in the morning to be sweating their asses off and praying they would be spared from the death awaiting on the other side of the door.

Haechan, who was closest to the window, stretched his neck and peeked through the gap of the curtains, surprisingly there was nothing outside. The same crashed car to the post, trash cans flipped over, just the same.

Nari was shaking, scared of the unknown. She hated the feeling of not being assured and the boys sure did notice that. She was sweating more than them, her legs shaking, and her breath heavy.

Haechan had noticed this and went to her. He gently took hold of her pale arms, gently rubbing them with his thumb in attempt to calm her down.

"Nari, look at me." He commanded softly, his brown orbs seeking for hers. Nari looked up to him slowly and almost all of her fears faded. Haechan was a friend who would always be there for her. Though he could be an annoying bitch, he was someone she could rely on and she was already attached.

The tension between the two was kind of making Mark feel left out and so he cleared his throat to catch their attention. They both turned their heads to him and now their stares were making him nervous.

He rubbed the back of his head, "Uhm we gotta go before we run out of time", he said, his head pointing to the morning light outside.

"Uh yeah sure. Let's go." Haechan turned to Nari once again and gave her an assuring nod, noticing that his hand had never removed itself from her arm, he squeezed it one last time to make her feel safe before he let go.

Mark gripped tightly on his bat with hammered nails on to make it extra harmful for the gores. His other hand was on the knob, looking at the others to check if they were ready for whatever will come once they were out. They both nodded and the door opened.

They hissed at the unusual light as they were not used to it anymore. Their eyes blinking rapidly to adjust to the sudden brightness.

It revealed how much the city has changed and had gone into chaos and ruckus. Smoke emitted from a building they didn't know, cars that were crashed into either a lamp post or a house fence explained the banging and deafening sounds from the past few days. Ripped posters and banners were also smeared with blooded handprints that made their faces cringe and send chills down their spines.

From afar, they heard shrill growls and cries. To say they weren't frightened was an understatement, they were trembling and it felt like their knees were about to give in.

"Yeah no I can't do this." Nari retreated back to the house but failed as Haechan blocked her with his figure and looked down at her pleading brown eyes, "We can do this. Promise"

And there an alerting roar from their left came from a running gore that was craving for their flesh. "Guys, heads up!" Mark alarmed and gripped tightly onto his nailed bat as Haechan quickly covered Nari behind his back. Mark swung his bat onto the monster's face, producing a fleshy sound that made Nari flinch as droplets of blood splashed onto their fits.

Haechan felt the red cold liquid land on his cheek, his long fingers traveling to his face, wiping the blood off as he commented, "Disgusting".

Nari stretched her neck to take a peek of the body that dropped to the floor, the same features as she saw with her mother. It traumatized her and she knew she wouldn't be able to recover from this fear soon enough.

"Guys let's go before more of them come." Mark said and nodded to the open out. He started to run as the two came and followed his footsteps.

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING REGULARLY

ive been getting notifs that people are adding this book to their reading lists and im so thankful for that hhuuhuh. hope u guys stay to find out more!!!