☠︎︎ 8 ☠︎︎

𓁹

The three of them have come to a stop after running and rushing to wherever their feet would lead them to. They were standing before a convenience store, their eyes staring from the dried and dead leaves of the floor and up to the sign of the store, '7 Eleven'.

"Alright!" Haechan smiled and gave Mark a high five as the older gladly took it. Haechan out held onto his bat but not as tight as before and walked towards the door but Nari stopped him before taking any steps further.

"Wait! Let's not put our guard down and see if there are any gores inside". She advised which made the two sheepishly smile in embarrassment. "Right, sorry about that"

Mark walked to the fogged and scratched windows, wiping it with his bare hands. The window cleared up and he could finally see a bit of the inside. His eyes landed on the isle of batteries, flashlights, matches, and other things they could use to survive.

He mumbled a small 'yes' before checking the place more. His eyes wandered around, it seemed to him that it was clear, he whistled to alert the Nari and Haechan who were waiting outside and gestured towards the door.

Haechan nodded and slowly walked to the door, tightly holding onto his bat while Nari trailed behind him. His hand reached the handle, pushing it gently.

It was quiet.

He whistled to make sure nothing was gonna come after them.

...

Still nothing. He continued his way into the store and there, so many supplies to last them a few months.

Nari followed Haechan inside and there Mark cam inside as well.

"Well damn.." Mark breathed out, overwhelmed by the amount of food. They quickly made their way to the isles of food, bagging everything they can get. Granola bars, ready-to-eat meals, water, crackers, and more.

Nari was on the other end of the store, trying to fill her bag up with more bottles of water. It was then she heard groaning and complaining from the other side.

Her eyes widened and her breathe hitched, she immediately pressed her back gently against the shelves of food. Scooting her way towards the end of the isle, she peeked to see what was going on.

It was a man who had black hair over his bleached hair, his bangs curtaining his face well. "Why the fuck did this have to happen?" He grumbled under his breath and proceeded to take more supplies as well.

Nari decided to take a better look by taking one step but her foot landed on a fallen bottle that caused her to trip and fall down on her face. Rather embarrassing.

"What the fuck?" The male took out his gun and pointed it towards the noise, his eyes falling upon the girl who shamefully fell and was groaning out of pain. His gun

The ruckus took the others' attention and it got them running for Nari. The man still had his gun pointed at Nari and she took noticed of this as she covered herself with her arms, begging him not to shoot, "Please don't. I swear I won't eat you".

"You sure about that-"

He was cut off by the two boys stepping into the scene, "Woah there! Please put down your gun. We're fine I promise." Haechan communicated but it only lead him to point the gun at them now.

"Shut the fuck up! Step back before I actually pull this." He unlocked the trigger which made their hearts beat even faster.

"No! No! Stop. I know you're scared but I swear to you, we only got out of the house today since this all started". Mark explained more and walked closer to him and slowly pushed his gun down. "Everything's alright. We're not gonna hurt you."

"Oh yeah? Explain what happened to my whole family!" Their hearts filled with grieve hearing his yell but they can't put their guard down yet.

"I-I don't know what happened but I'm sorry something happened to them. Just please don't shoot us." Mark once again pleaded and the man finally relaxed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"It's alright sir."

"Guys, I still hit my whole damn face on the floor. Someone help me up?" Nari interrupted p, reaching her hand out for them to assist.

Haechan slightly chuckled before grabbing her hand and helping her up. Her hair covered her face and so Haechan reached his hand to fix it, revealing a red spot on her forehead.

"Nari girl your face-" He snorted which earned him a light slap on his face, "Don't laugh! It was horrible!" She retorted and it just made everyone laugh.

"Sorry about pointing a gun at you as well." The stranger apologized.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it."

"Say, you seem alone. Wanna join us?" Mark offered, his hand held out for a shake.

He tilted his head, still a bit unsure of their offer. Mark was still awkwardly holding his hand and he was getting quite tired now.

Haechan walked closer to him and leaned into his ear, "Mark, I don't think he wants to come. Put your hand down." The older awkwardly cleared his throat and scratched his head.

"Sorry, uh we gotta go." They were about to turn their backs but the man halted their actions.

"Wait! Sorry it just got to me. Uhm yes I'd love to join you guys." He finally smiled, forming a slight dimple just below his lips.

The three cheered, greeting him with smiles and welcoming him to their small group.

"May we know your name?" Haechan asked.

"Renjun. Huang Renjun from Jilin, China."

i updated!!

i updated!!