☠︎︎ 10 ☠︎︎

『︎Nari』︎

We stumbled upon a mall, entering it with caution. It was wrecked. Histories of explosions, deaths, footsteps, hoarding, and blood. My eyes wandered around the area getting too distracted only to be snapped back to reality by falling over a large object.

My eyes were closed instinctively, my nose catching onto something smelling so rotten and dead. I opened my eyes to be eye to eye with a dead gore. I yelped and quickly retracted myself from the cadaver, earning the boys' attention.

"Woah Nari, what's u- what the actual fuck." Mark gasped at the many bodies laid on the floor. Renjun walked towards one that had its face down, kicking it to cause it to roll and face him. Dead.

"They're all dead right? Nothing's killing us here." Haechan asked, bending down to carefully check the dead gore.

"Guys, try checking the pockets we might get something from them." Mark ordered and we all agreed.

I checked a female one, fishing its pockets for any finds. Nothing.

"Hey! Look someone dropped their revolver here." Renjun announced with glee, he admired it and shoved it in his back pocket.

"What kind of moron would leave their revolver in an apocalypse." Mark rolled his eyes and shook his head in disbelief.

We turned our heads to Haechan who was still busy scanning the body, "Still looks fresh. Someone might've been here already." He concluded, scooping up the fresh crimson blood on the floor.

"Weird." Mark shrugged his shoulders and continued rummaging through the dead bodies.

I stood and gave up, not wanting to get my hands on rotting gores. I cringed at the scene just earlier. I walked towards a wrecked wall, leaning my back against it.

Renjun then walked towards me and I gave him a small smile. He tried striking up a conversation, "So how'd you meet them?" He nodded to the boys who were still trying to look for useful things.

"I was at my mom's office, Haechan was probably working there and yeah he saw me and tried to get me out of there. He saved me from my mom and then he brought me to Mark." I explained briefly, my heart getting heavy with sorrow.

"I'm sorry, save you from your mom?" He asked cautiously, not wanting to trigger me yet he was curious.

"Yeah, she became a gore and almost attacked me." I sighed and looked down on my crossed feet, my hands hiding themselves in my pockets.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." He looked at me with worry and concern and I gave him an assuring smile.

"It's fine. It's not your fault." It became quiet. The awkwardness quickly taking over the atmosphere.

"Say, may I ask where your father is?" He asked once again.

"My father and brother work in the military in Daegu just 3 hours from here. Getting there'll be my goal. Could be safer there." I spoke, my tone and eyes lighting up in hope.

"We're gonna have to get you there then."

"Yeah."

"Hey guys! Let's get moving before the sun goes down!" Mark called and I yelled back, "Coming!"

>>>

We were hiding behind the large trash cans, looking out for the six gores roaming around just in front of the house. They naively wandered around in one place and I felt my anxiety rising and my heart beating fast.

"What's the plan?" Renjun said in an undertone. "Four out of six, get me something hard but easy to throw so I can just distract them." Haechan commanded, holding his hand out as he waited for an object to meet his melanin skin.

"Here." Mark handed the can of coke he spotted just beside him. Haechan looked at it. and nodded, approving of the object he gave. He slightly stood up, throwing the can as far away as he can.

It landed loudly and made the gores's heads turn to its direction. They all walked to it slowly and lifelessly. As they were close to the thrown rubbish, Haechan signaled to run to the door.

We trailed behind him as we took glances of the gores from time-to-time. We stopped, waiting for Mark to get the keys and open it up. He fiddled with the keys and they made loud noises. "Mark hurry up my distraction's not gonna hold on any longer." The younger one warned as he continuously patted Mark's back, adding up to the pressure he was already feeling.

The rush caused him to drop the keys, emitting loud clanking from the group of metal and it was loud enough for the gores to hear. "Fuck Mark open up they're coming!" Renjun yelled and I was shaking in fear. "Hold on!"

He had trouble finding the right key for the door, "Fuck I'm putting labels on the key next time." The gores charged at us, growling and roaring, thirsty for our flesh.

"Ha! Gotcha!" Mark celebrated as the key was finally accepted by the lock and it was open. Mark held the door for us as he motioned to hurry up.

We pushed each other inside and before the gores could catch us, Mark had slammed the door right in their faces. He locked it tight and leaned on the door as it was being banged and pushed open. "Get the cabinet and put it-" He was cut off by a strong slam by a gore, "Put it here!"

The rest of us went to the brown heavy cabinet that covered the large window. We positioned ourselves, hands tightly grabbing the edges of it, "1, 2 ,3, push!" We put all our strength and pushed the cabinet to the door, groaning because of its weight.

Mark then retracted himself from the door as the cabinet completely took over it.

"Nice." We all then stood there panting and catching our breaths. A muffled eerie scream right by the window startled us. Two of them had caught onto the window being open and was able to give them a full view of our selves.

"Well fuck-"

"I have grills don't you worry. Let's go upstairs and wait for them to scram." We nodded at Haechan's order and ran up to the stairs.

i changed the title cause pull it doesnt sound so good so yeah