☠︎︎ 14 ☠︎︎

❝︎

Jeno was laying on the sleeping bag of his tent, a cold gold-plated name tag was held up high. He sighs and closes his eyes, a single tear drop falling down to his cheeks.

<<<

"Dad! Where are you?" He called, even while being bumped by the other soldiers. He was worried for his father.

"Jeno!" He heard him call from a corner. He ran, following the voice to see his father seated against the wall. He coughed loud and violently into his hand, only to see clots of blood scattered on his calloused palm.

Jeno kneels beside his father, his arm going under his father's to csrry him up but he resisted. "I can't go with you son." He coughed out. Jeno refused, shaking his head frantically before forcing him up.

His father pulls himself away from him, rolling his sleeves up to show the glistening bite mark that had blood dripping from it. The boy's eyes widened, "No..." He looks up again to meet his father's eyes again.

They quickly changed, obsidian orbs in a pool of crimson red. He cups his son face, "Find your mother and sister and tell them I love them. I love you son. You are the best gift that has ever been brought to me." He plants a kiss on the boy's forehead. "Sorry I have to leave this soon, son." He smiled warmly, looking into the eyes of his blessing. A bloody tear rolling down his cheeks.

"Look out!" He was quickly pulled away by a stranger before the monster jumped on him, attacking his father instead.

"No!"

"Sir, we have to go before we get attacked!" The stranger yells, trying to convinve him to go.

He couldn't help but witness his father being feasted on as another gore comes to join the prey. Tears uncontrollably floods down his face.

A clink was heard, dropping to the floor and it attracted his attention. The name tag of his father.

He quickly grabs it and kissed it before shoving it back into his pocket. His arm was grabbed by the stranger, dragging him out of the base.

"We can do introductions after we get out of here." He said before letting go of Jeno's hand as they ran together. Jeno looks back to see the chaos. 'What the hell happened?'

They reach the parking lot, spotting the truck that was the only thing left in there for them to use.

"Sir we can get inside that truck!" Jeno nods at his suggestion before they continue their way into the truck.

The truck was luckily open, they got inside. Jeno sat at the passpenger's seat while the other man took over the steering wheel.

The key was left hanging on its keyhole, he turns it and it worked. Some gores had caught up to them, jumping up and down to reach for them but he stepped on the accelerator. The vehicle moved without difficulty.

They drive to the gate, it was closed but the thought of getting out as soon as they could made the black haired fellow clear his throat and say, "I'll uhm break through this gate."

He looks over to the boy that stull hadn't recovered from the scene earlier. He didn't get a reply.

He gulps and floors it, the truck crashing the gates open anf they got out. There were gores trailing behind but they were faster.

They were on the road, running away from the rampage that happened in the base. They were on the highway, now driving calmly to who knows where.

"I'm Jaemin, sir. Corporal Na Jaemin. How about you, sir?" He asked, eyes never leaving the road.

"Major Lee Jeno." He gives a small smile.

"I'm so sorry for your loss sir." He grieved but Jeno still held a smile.

"It's fine. Thank you for saving my ass back there by the way." He chuckled, his crescents showing.

"No problem sir." He smiled, "Luckily, we weren't bitten back there."

"I know right." He looks out to the window, cars in disarray, roads ruined, bodies scattered.

He sighed, suddenly remembering the memento that he had kept. He fished for the name tag in his pocket.

He held it with his right hand that was propped on the window. Thumb caressing the carved name of his father. 'Where would my family be?'

lol this was shit but neway yeyy double update!btw i read the comments from time to time and yall are hella funny for hating on nari sm HAHAHAH

btw i read the comments from time to time and yall are hella funny for hating on nari sm HAHAHAH