☠︎︎ 2 ☠︎︎

Nari✔︎

"I told you to run!" She pounced at me and targeted my neck, trying to get a bite of my flesh but she failed as I blocked her with my hand that was holding her head away from me.

I tried my very best keeping her off of me. I used all of my strength to push her but her grip was tight and it wasn't gonna let go. "Mom, stop it, you're hurting me! Help!" I screamed but no one seemed to hear it.

Her strength pushed me all the way out of her office to the wall outside. She trapped me there and her face was nearing to my face. I felt her breath fan my neck until I heard a disgusting slice and blood went everywhere.

Her grip on me loosened, her weight was leaning on me and slowly fell down to the floor with a thud to reveal a tanned young man. His white button-up was splashed with crimson red as well as his young face.

But I didn't say anything and fell down on my knees and mourned. I held her close and laid her head on my lap as my tears started to fall and my wails grow louder in pain that I've lost my mother, not caring about how the stranger that saved me was still beside me.

"Mom..Don't leave me now, please. I know I wasn't being the best daughter but please.." I continued to sob and bury my head into her open chest, not minding the blood that'll stain my head, "...don't go yet. I need you."

Not long after, I heard more hungry snarls and growls getting louder and closer, I still didn't mind. The man spoke, "Miss, we can't stay in here any longer. A group of gores will catch up to us and it'll be hard for us to survive." He warned but I continued to cry on my mom's cadaver.

"Miss!" I payed no attention but he couldn't tolerate my stubborn self and grabbed my arm and ran, leading me to who knows where. I looked back to my mother laying dead as a group of snarling and desperate monstrous creatures come running from the hallway.

"Mom!" I yelled when I saw them run over her dead body.

"Keep running with me and don't look back if you still want to live." I looked back at the stranger who was focused on his way, I couldn't form any words and kept my head hung low.

We arrived at a door and he kicked it open, revealing the emergency stairs that'll get us out of here. He looked at me and gave my arm a squeeze, "Let's go." He nodded and I mimicked his action.

He led me down the stairs and our feet halted when another one of them blocked our way. I heard him mutter under his breath, 'Shit', but he wasted no time and threw a punch on its face when it was reaching out to grab him, earning a groan from it. He continued to fight it off and finally it became very weak and tired and so, he used this as a chance to push it down and it rolled down the stairs, crashing to the wall. It sure was dead.

He smirked but relief didn't stay long when the door slammed open followed by a chorus of roars and growls. Assuming it was a large number of them, he once again grabbed me, my hand this time, and gripped it tightly before we continued our way down, passing by the dead body.

We finally reached the emergency door and pushed it open, breathing in the air as we catch our breaths, sweat trickling down our foreheads and our chests rising as we regained our composure. We heard loud rushing steps and the series of growls and we looked at each other in panic. He looked around frantically, immediately spotting a big heavy metal box not too far beside the door.

He ran towards it and grabbed onto the edges, "Help me push this to block the door." I jogged and positioned my self beside him, "1, 2, 3, push!" We groaned and pushed it. Our faces crinkled as we put all our strength together, our veins appearing and tendons tensing up.

We successfully blocked the door before they could even come out of it. We chuckled in relief and dusted ourselves off before our eyes met.

"It's vey rude of me not to introduce myself." He faced me and held his hand out, "I'm Haechan, nice to meet you."