Ch.1 The Plan

■3rd Person POV■

Y/N climbs the stairs to the rooftop, a few packs of jelly fruit sticks in her hands. She opens the door and her eyes met with a blank expression of a dark brown-haired male. Y/N came to him and hands him the jelly fruit sticks. Suna takes it and plopped down on the floor, sitting with his back on the railing. These two had been friends since they sit next to each other in their 1st year in Inarizaki. Suna is not much of a talker and Y/N is a humble but quiet person, so they're kind of hit it off as friends.

Y/N : are you okay Suna san?

Suna : I guess so, thanks for this L/N san.

Suna Rintarou had just broken up with his girlfriend, a girl named Itsuki Rina. Two weeks ago Rina's family moved to another city, and Rina broke it off with Suna.

Rina is one of the Inarizaki cheerleaders, she always came to every Inarizaki volleyball match. There when Suna and she met and work it out. Y/N knew this because she's also there all the time. She's there in every Suna match, she's there when they won and loses. Y/N is always there as well when the boy she liked getting closer to another girl.

Suna : why did she move on last the year of high school, we will graduate in a couple of months anyway.

Y/N: their family must have their own reason. Please cheer up Suna san.

Suna's looking at the smiling girl who always been with him all through the week. He's thankful for her for being around him. He no longer has volleyball practice because he's busy preparing for the exam. Even though he's planning on continuing volleyball after high school, he still needs to graduate first. But without volleyball, his mind is pretty much occupied with the thought of Rina. But thankfully Y/N is always around.

Suna : hey L/N, thank you for being around. You shouldn't bother to accompany me all the time you know, I mean I'm fine anyway.

The bell rang, the lunch break is over. Suna and Y/N get up from the floor, Suna was about to walk inside but Y/N's voice stopping him.

Y/N: it's never a bother to be with you Suna san.. because I.. always like Suna san. I can't just do nothing when you're sad. Come on let's go back to class.

Y/N walk pas Suna into the building, Suna was still startled but soon followed her inside.

■Suna's POV■

I stole a glance at L/N who's sitting next to me. She's focused on her book, hand moving her pencils.

"I... always like Suna san"

Did she mean it that way? Just then she looks at my way, her face gave me the "what is it?" Look. I shook my head and she smiled, looking back at her book. I too tried to focus on my lesson, until the bell rang.

School is over, L/N and I walk together to the lockers. We put on outdoor shoes and walk out of the school ground. I think about the last two weeks. I was having a lot of things and can't really concentrate on some stuff because the thought of Rina still lingers. But L/N being around me help me to ease those thoughts.

Suna : L/N after all I really need to thank you I think.

Y/N : what is it again? Oh I told you it's fine

Suna : nope, you kind of help me to ease some thoughts away. Those thoughts might make me can't concentrate which is probably be bad for my study.

Y/N then stop walking and I look back at her. She's standing looking at her feet, and then look up to me.

Y/N : th- then.. why don't you use me as a replacement?

I was stunned, did she really just said that.

Suna : what? How can I do that? It's basically me using you right?

I look at her way shorter figures than me. How could she propose such a thing?

■Y/N POV■

How can I say that? Oh dear me. Now Suna san might think that I'm weird, but I. I look up and see Suna san is also looking at me. I've always been watching you. Right after Itsuki san Left, you look lost. And just when I heard him said I helped him to ease his mind, I got ahead of myself. I want to help Suna san, even if it means I'm going to be a replacement.

Y/N: I... don't think of it that way. I'm also using you Suna san.

Suna looks surprised by my answer. It's not wrong, I'm not lying completely. By doing this maybe, I can finally realize how my feelings won't be returned. And I can finally, stop liking him.

Suna : and what do you mean by that?

Y/N: I like you Suna san, maybe by being a replacement for Rina san I can finally come to my sense that you won't return my feelings. That way, maybe I can finally stop liking you.

It was quiet, none of us are talking. I can't see what Suna san is thinking. He always has this blanks expression but sometimes I knew what he feels, but now I can't see it. Maybe he's thinking of how weird I'm right now.

Y/N: well uh, Suna san you don't have to do it.. I just blurted it out. Well, I can help you with another wa-

Suna : Okay then

I was stunned, Suna san agreed? He walks closer to me. I look up as he's way taller than me.

Suna : then go out with me then, but... I didn't do it to make you know that I can't return your feeling. I don't even know what my feelings would turn out to be... for now the reason is for me to move on instead.

I was surprised, that mean he's using me to move on from Itsuki san? Can I do it? I mean Itsuki san is very pretty and lively. Our characteristics are way too different but. I look up at Suna san again, this could be my chance, isn't it? If I can make him moving on to me, then maybe.

Y/N : O-Okay! I.... I'll try my best to help you Suna san.

Suna san chuckled, he walks even closer. We've never been this close all those three years we've been friends. I grew stiff and my heart is racing. Suna can put his large hand on my head and ruffles my hair. I was surprised and lookup.

Suna : It's Rintarou then... Y/N

Suna san is smiling. My heart clench, I do really like this person after all. Can I do my job properly? Can I help him?

Y/N : yes, Rintarou san

I want to help him

I want this plan to work out

I want... him to see me