Ch.4 Hesitation

■Y/N POV■

The final exam was just right in the corner, everyone is getting more into their study especially those who want to get into a prestigious college. I still help some of my friends with their studies, but lately, the boys don't ask for my help without a girl at their party. The news about Rintarou and I are together already spread through the week.

Yumi : I still can't believe you're together with Suna. That day when I heard about it I was kind of shocked.

Mayu : as I said, L/N and Suna are closer you know.

I just smiled at them and continued looking at my book. After our relationship was out, nothing changes much. That day we did hold hands on our way back. But the following days we rarely do it anymore. Maybe Rintarou afraid that we might bump into Rina on the street.

I was in deep thought, my mind was split into solving a chemistry problem and my relationship with Rintarou. Just then I feel a presence next to me. Rintarou is standing next to me.

Suna: are you going to stay late after school? If you're going to tutor someone, I'll be waiting at the gym. I'm going to watch the team for a bit.

Y/N: ah yes, I'm going to study English with Mayu, Yumi and the other.

Mayu and Yumi put their hands together in a pleading manner to Rintarou. Rintarou chuckled and nodded, after that, he sat on his chair as the class is getting started.

■3rd Person POV■

The class had ended, some students head out and some stayed. Y/N and some of her friends are currently gathering and focusing on a subject. Suna came to her before he walks to the gym.

Suna: I'll go to the gym.

Y/N: ah, Okay see you later.

With that Suna patted Y/N on her head and walk out of the class. When Y/N diverts her gaze back to her friends, all of their eyes are on her. She tilted her head a little, confused at the sudden stares.

Kakei : so when did you guys start dating?

Mayu : right? I mean isn't it only three months since Suna and Itsuki broke up.

Mayu : well they're close since 1st year you know. I don't think it's weird for them to suddenly dating after Suna san broke up.

Aoi : or maybe~ Suna san was having an affair with you?

Aoi was definitely joking, but Y/N feels uncomfortable about it. Y/N did love Suna for a long time, but Suna wasn't.

Y/N: Rintarou, would never do such a thing...

Her voice is a little quiet and stern. In her thought, Suna would never do that because she knew. Suna loves Itsuki Rina, even after she left he still thinks of her. And even maybe right now to he still has her on his mind. Y/N grew quiet, then Kakei smacks Aoi's shoulder urge him to apologize. Aoi said sorry to Y/N and Y/N said it's alright and gave him a smile. They continue the study.

Y/N is thinking, why hasn't she falling out of love with him yet. The first time she suggested doing this relationship was because she thought, if she realized how Suna only sees her as a friend, she will finally get over him, but she hasn't. Suna never says he loves her or likes her, he sometimes still talk about Rina, when he sees or do something that reminds him of her he will start daydreaming. Y/N always watch all of that happen, and it's actually hurt her. But, she still hasn't stopped loving him.

■Suna's POV■

How long will she tutor our classmates? It's almost 6 by now. I was waiting at the gym door, Atsumu and Osamu are with me. Just then I saw Y/N, she just says goodbye to Mayu and Yumi and heads towards me.

Osamu : so this is the new girl? She's the one who's always been in the same class as you right?

Atsumu : wow Suna, getting a replacement already.

Atsumu's words struck me like thunder. That day Y/N did offer to be a replacement, and I agreed to get rid of my sadness. I say goodbye to the twin and meet Y/N midway, then walk out of the school ground with her.

She's a replacement that I used to help me moved on. She helped me get Rina out of my head, which makes me can focus on what I do. But lately, I don't really just think of her that way. Y/N is beautiful, she cared about her friends. Her small face, big round (e/c) eyes, and those beautiful (h/c) hair. She's a beauty in a modest way, a bit different from Rina's radiating beauty with the way she dresses.

I look at her hand, the hand that I took in mine last week. This was supposed to be just some sort of a replacement relationship that I want to hide at first, but now what I want is kind of changed. I took her hand in mine again, which made her startled and look at me.

Y/N: R-Rintarou, why are you holding my hand?

Suna : isn't normal for a couple? And we're not hiding our so-called relationship anymore. Beside I used to walk hand in hand with Rina too.

Y/N flinches for a second, I look at her confused at why did she flinch. Then it hit me, this relationship is almost close to a fake one, but.... Y/N actually likes me. And I keep on mentioning Rina.

Suna : Y/N I'm sorry if you don't want to do it then i-

Y/N: Rintarou san it's alright, I understand

Y/N smiled at me and squish back my hand that connected to her.

I started to feel a slight change in mind, I feel kind of guilty. Not because of this relationship look alike that we do, but the fact that I keep on mentioning other women's name to Y/N. When I agreed to do this, I said that I didn't do it to make Y/N forget her feelings, but I still spontaneously said Rina's name sometimes.

Y/N stopped walking and went into a convenience store, leaving me outside. Y/N came back and handed me a bottle of water with a worried look.

Y/N: are you okay Rintarou san? You look kind of off.

She looks genuinely worried, while here I'm being a jerk. I took the water and thank her, I told her nothing is wrong. I drank the water and put the rest in my bag. After that, we both continue walking. I kinda want to return her kindness and want to know more about her. Maybe if we hang out a little more...

Suna: Y/N the exam is right in front of us, do you want to spend the next three weeks studying together at my or your place after school?

Y/N look up at me, she looks... happy?

Y/N: I'd love to Rintarou san...

The looks she gave to me just now were cute. Looking at her smiling like that, I don't know, It makes me flutter a bit. I'm going to try to stop myself from saying Rina's name. I want to at least see her happy like this.

This is hesitation, I know

I do still think about my ex

But seeing Y/N did makes me forget about Rina sometimes

If... Rina did comeback

Will I hesitate