1

___________________________________

izuku midoriya was a happy child.
izuku midoriya did have parents who loved him.
izuku midoriya had a normal life.

until he was 4 years old.

that fateful day at the doctors was when everything went downhill in izuku midoriya's life.

"sorry kid it's not gonna happen."

___________________________________

however, this wasn't what hisashi midoriya—  izuku midoriya's father wanted, and to say he was furious was an understatement.

all hisashi had ever believed was that he had wasted 4 whole years on that and so many more years on the 'bitch' who had birthed a quirkless failure. He had cooked, cleaned, gone shopping, changed nappies, gone to the park, read children's story books. he had believed he at least deserved to have a child with some kind of quirk to help benefit him, but no.

after the appointment at izuku's doctor, the father grabbed his son's arm and stormed out of the building and drove home, with a distraught 4-year-old with him.

"d-daddy? Can I still be a hero without a quirk?"

hisashi thought for a moment confused as to why the child had even asked such a ridiculous question and honestly, it made him sick.

the man who believed he had just witnessed his life crumble before his own eyes turned to the boy who he no longer considered his son, "no."

___________________________________

as the two got home, izuku ran to his mother and grabbed onto her skirt, afraid if he let go something bad might happen.
but he wasn't wrong.
she had immediately him hugged him, expecting some good news about the appointment they had just attended.

"what is it sweetheart, how did the appointment go?"

that was the last time izuku had felt joy towards his mother.

however, as the the 4-year old continued to cling onto his mother whilst crying into her, his father had stormed in the house, clearly displeased.

"get off of that brat you bitch, the fucking doctor at hospital said he's quirkless... quirkless. can you believe it? that kid is fucking quirkless. so when i come through this door what i shouldn't see is you consoling him."

inko midoriya's face stayed blank for a few moments until her brain had caught up— izuku was quirkless.
with her eyes widened, she immediately yanked the child off of her and walked towards her husband.

izuku, despite being at a young age, would never forget that moment.

his mother looked back at him, looking like she'd just learned her child had killed someone.

"izuku go to your room. now."

izuku quickly ran to his room he closed his door, trying to block out his parents yelling.

he didn't understand though.

what was so bad about being quirkless? mommy and daddy love me still, they promised.

izuku had never been so wrong in his life from only the age of four.

the child snapped out of his own thoughts as he heard a scream from his mother. he opened his door only to see her on the floor.
there was red.
he only saw red.
it was everywhere.
his father walked up to him and he only felt pain, and then only darkness.
everything had gone black.

___________________________________

that was the day Izuku learned that not everyone was created equal. he learned that being quirkless meant his only purpose in life was to make people feel better about themselves by them looking down on him and using him as someone they could hurt.

over the next 7 years that was all that had ever happened and nobody had yet proved him wrong.

his father had left that day. for the better or worse, izuku will never know. but it had been 7 years since that incident. izuku is 11 now.
but life hadn't gotten easier.
nothing had been the same since that day.
his former best friend kacchan
(he didn't know why he still called him that)
beat him down everyday with his new friends. daily, he would come home with a new bruise or burn. but nobody cared about a someone quirkless and that was due to the negative views of the quirkless from the media and society.

when he would get home, his mother would either be passed out with a bottle of whatever cheap alcohol she'd bought that week or she'd be ready to teach izuku a lesson for just trying to stick around.

izuku completely hated himself by the age of 11. he hasn't smiled in years or felt happiness.
he had to make his own meals.
clean and dress his own wounds.
tuck himself into bed at night.
get himself to school.
he had been independent for years.

he didn't need his mother.

that was why when he came home from school on friday the 20th of december, the last day of school before christmas break, he wasn't surprised to see 10,000¥ (£71.96/ $95.89) on the coffee table with a note laying beside it.

___________________________________

Here's some cash. It will last you a couple weeks for food or whatever. You have 2 weeks to get out of the apartment before the rent is up. I'm pregnant with my new boyfriend and we decided we didn't want to raise this child anywhere near someone quirkless. I don't want to see you again so stay away.

Inko

___________________________________

that's the day izuku midoriya's heart had completely shattered, even though he had expected something like this.

everything came crashing down on him.
he couldn't be a hero to anyone.
nobody loved him.
he actually was alone.

izuku shouldn't have been surprised, he knew this would happen sooner or later, but that didn't mean he wasn't devastated.

even when she hurt him so much he passed out in a pool of his own blood, even when she would punch him so hard he threw up.

he was still sad because this meant he really was useless. even as a punching bag he was useful for him mum. but now? he was completely useless. as much as he wanted to hate his mother he couldn't, because he knew he deserved this. his mum had finally snapped.
left him for dead.
she didn't care.

she had a new family now.

he was about to be homeless with only 10,000¥.
he could never be a hero.
he had been delusional.

tears started pouring from his eyes until he collapsed from exhaustion, alone.

___________________________________

(A/N): hey everyone! thank you for reading my fanfic, it's the first one i've ever written so i'm sorry if it's a bit messy.

just to let you know italics are often when the person is thinking something. i'll often let you know which POV i'm using.

also, sorry if Izuku is too OOC but i'm gonna go with a gon vibe (from hxh)  ig? idek yet i'm sorry if it's a bit unrealistic and he will be quite young for the first few chapters but i'll try the best i can.

anyways thank you! <3

______________________________________________________________________