sixteen

"so donghyuck ditched his race?!"

seri wanted to smack her bestfriend at that moment. they were inside the library, working on some homework yet dongsook just shouted as if her life depended on it. seri shut her eyes close while pursing her lips in a thin line.

and also because of that, they ended up being kicked out of the librarian.

"i was this near to finish my research!" seri glared at the girl who just innocently pouted.

"that's not important," dongsook said, "so donghyuck really arrived? as in lee donghyuck?"

the girl rolled her eyes. "yes. i told you for like 23 times already! and please! stop shouting like it's a fucking big deal."

"that's big deal! donghyuck ditching his race is like you, seri, throwing a punch straight up to a teacher's face," dongsook said, matter-of-factly.

seri just shrugged it off. she wanted to change the topic as she didn't have the energy to tell how the practice went well. she didn't want to tell her bestfriend that donghyuck was indeed a great dancer because she can't even admit it herself. she even thought he was hot.

and there's no way she'll tell anyone about that.

"sookie, have you seen injun?" seri asked, trying to shift the topic yet it was a genuine question. she had never seen the guy and she didn't have the guts to ask his friends.

no way the great jung seri would be seen talking to them. just not inside the campus. but still, she dated one of them... yet renjun wasn't really that bad. he had good grades and he wasn't a total asshole, in her defense.

"i haven't seen him since first subject... try asking jaemin!" dongsook suggested which only received a firm no from seri. "they're not that bad, riri!"

seri just shrugged her shoulders. "well, in my first day of class, they were being scolded for vandalism
and—"

"that was one time!" dongsook defended.

seri raised a brow.

dongsook nibbled her lower lip. "maybe seven times— but they're nice! they use to hangout in our house—"

"because you're donghyuck's sis!"

"well...." dongsook nodded, "but you'll just ask about renjun's whereabouts! they won't do anything aside from answering. did you even try calling him?"

seri nodded her head, "his phone's dead." she glanced at her wrist watch to see the time. "oh shoot! i still have prac!"

dongsook slightly pushed her shoulder, "then get going!" then seri tapped her shoulder while saying goodbye before running away. "and for your information, they're harmless!"

when seri had arrived, ms. kang was already there, teaching donghyuck his solo part. donghyuck was immersed in what he's doing to the point that he didn't even glanced at seri.

the girl slowly closed the door and gave ms. kang a small bow when she glanced at her.

her eyes then again set on donghyuck. the way he executes every move was full of elegance. it was as if he had gone to a contemporary dance class.

yes, contemporary. and seri wasn't really that good at it yet she didn't want to mess up infront of donghyuck. her ego won't let her and luckily, ms. kang was a great teacher.

"now that seri's here, let's start practicing the second part," ms. kang announced when donghyuck was done doing his part.

the male's eyes landed on seri as she was tying her hair into a bun. "you're late," he said, cocky.

seri just rolled her eyes at him before politely asking permission from ms. kang to change her close. after she had change into some comfortable yoga pants and a large white shirt, she started stretching.

"okay, let's start from the top!" ms. kang clapped her hands.

donghyuck's face was apathetic as he slowly moved closer to seri when the music started playing. seri moved away from him, lifting her arms in the air, spreading them. when she titled her chin up, her eyes met donghyuck's.

seri inhaled air to muster some confidence. she closed her eyes to prepare herself to skip closer to donghyuck.

she held his hand, intertwined her fingers with his before she turned her heels around. on her last turn, her hair tie fell off yet it didn't bother her, she continued to do what they have praticed yesterday.

and when the space between her and the male closed, she lifted her eyes to meet his.

"stupid, you're suppose to move," seri muttered after a few seconds their eyes locked.