twenty

"noona, i bought you breakfast."

sungchan slowly crept inside her sister's room. seri was laying flat on her bed with both eyes just blankly staring at the ceiling. the youngest jung heaved a sigh before he sat beside her sister and placed the tray of food on the side table.

then sungchan's eyes caught her sister's phone with a bunch of notifications. "you should check your phone, noona."

seri spared her sibling a glance. "did renjun call or message?"

sungchan got the phone to check it. he looked at her sister who was looking so hopeless. "you should eat breakfast."

the girl smiled bitterly. "i called him yesterday... i think he blocked me."

the tall male bit his lip. he cannot think of anything to help her sister or give her comfort. "you'll get over him."

"i hate myself."

sungchan mentally slapped himself. he didn't want to make her sister feel awful yet he couldn't understand how it works and he cannot empathize with her since he never got himself involve in things like that.

"i should have pushed him or blocked him before he got any closer..."

he scratched the back of his neck. "jaehyun hyung's worried and he was asking me what happened but i didn't have the heart to tell him about what happened yesterday. and he said that i just have to make sure you eat your breakfast."

seri shut her eyes closed. she kept on blaming donghyuck and she had imagine alot of scenes to possibly hurt him. she turned over in bed and saw the breakfast on top of the side table.

"jaehyun hyung made it before he got to work," sungchan told her when he saw his sister looking at the breakfast.

"i don't really want to do anything today..." seri admitted.

sungchan heaved a sigh. "but you need to eat. you skipped dinner last night."

seri sat up and placed her feet on the ground. she glanced at sungchan before she got the glass of water and drank it. then she stared at her closet blankly.

seri was quite thankful that it was saturday and she doesn't need to go to school. school... seri could only sigh heavily at the thought of the place.

"for sure's everyone will talk believe eunbi's made-up stories..." she muttered, not loud enough for sungchan to hear.

the tall youngest was about to move the table so his sister can start eating when the both of them heard the door bell.

the younger immediately stood up and walked to the window to take  look. seri's eyes followed him as he walked towards the side and she saw how the younger sighed heavily.

"who was that?" seri asks as sungchan turned to her.

"it's donghyuck hyung—"

"ignore it." seri immediately slumped back to her bed and covered herself with the blanket.

sungchan looked again at the window and looked at his hyung standing behind the closed gate.

"noona, do you really think renjun hyung broke up just because of donghyuck?" he said.

but seri couldn't really think deeply about it. the fact that renjun broke up with her and immediately flew back to china doesn't even sink in.

seri stared at the window. "why did he have to do that?" she says, refering to donghyuck. "he really wants to make me suffer."

"maybe he didn't intended to do that—" sungchan was cut off.

"why are you even defending him?"

sungchan shrugged. "he's not here to defend himself. give him the benefit of the doubt."

seri just sighed. "i hate him."