thirty

donghyuck helped seri big time after a few more sessions. she was actually enjoying calculus now, maybe because she understands it now and maybe she finds it as an interesting subject presently.

the sun rose up the same time seri opened her eyes. it was just a few weeks away from the finals and after it, school this year will be officially over.

seri smiled and felt a relief that school's ending soon.

"you're up early," jaehyun says as she walks down the stairs while the older brother was cooking their breakfast. "it's weekend though."

she peeked at what he was cooking. "can't go back to sleep... that looks good," she commented while looking at the kimchi stew, "it also smells good."

jaehyun smiled, "well, what do you expect."

seri just grimaced then she noticed that he was wearing his usual attire going to work. "uhm.. you're going to work?"

jaehyun nodded, "the office is kinda uhm... in trouble so we're really working hard to fix things."

seri noticed that jaehyun seemed uneasy talking about work so she just nodded. "okay... will you be back this afternoon?"

"i think late night?"

she just nodded, "i'll just make myself some coffee. do you want some?" she asks.

"sure."

then seri smiled before she walked to the dinning area to make coffee, completely trying her best to stop herself from asking jaehyun where he got hurt when she saw a glimpse of huge bruise on his arm.

she knew that he was trying to hide it because he was wearing a leather jacket which he hardly wears. and seri didn't want to question him knowing that he probably hid it to avoid questions and stuff.

seri sigh as she was worried that maybe he got himself in trouble.

"are you going on a date?" the corner of sungchan's lips turned up into a teasing grin as his eyes were scanning the light blue dress that her sister is wearing.

"shut up, i'm not going on a date."

sungchan looked at seri, not buying her response and crossed his arms on his chest. "why are you dressed up then?"

"can't i dress up for myself?" she retorted and got her white sneakers to pair it with her outfit.

she was meeting donghyuck for their last tutorial session and their finals is jus a week away. she even told him that she was willing to help him out for the finals but the male refused but told her that she'll keep that in mind.

upon seeing the sun kissed male seated on their usual table inside her favorite cafe, she pushed a few strands of her hair behind her ear before approaching him.

"hi," she casually said, taking the seat beside him.

upon settling down, her eyes fixated on a two drinks on top of her table. one of the drinks is her favorite and go-to. when the male noticed that she was looking at tge drinks, he pushed one of the drinks closer to her.

"that's for you," he says. he assumed that it was her favorite drink realizing that she orders it everytime they go here.

a smile crept on her face, "thanks dude," then she took a quick sip on the drink.

the tutorial session ended at the same time the sun was setting down, creating an orange and yellow contrast in the sky. seri sat down on the bus stop to wait for the last bus to go home.

looking around, he saw donghyuck fixing his helmet while he was riding his bike. donghyuck has some errands to do after their session. he looked back and caught the girl staring at him so he waved his hand goodbye before he drove away.

a few more minutes, seri stood up when she saw the bus arriving. she took a few steps forward, prepared for the bus' arrival when two kids suddenly bumped against her, making the boys' stuffs scatter at the ground.

the two boys didn't waste any second and picked up their things before the started running away again.

seri just shrugged her shoulders as she took another step but she noticed a black bag laying on the floor. she picked it up and glanced at her side, hoping to catch a glimpse on tge two boys.

and yes, she did. she saw them turning towards a corner not so far from her. it seems like the two boys were in a hurry and seri assumed that the bag was owned by them.

"hey, miss! are you coming or not?!" the bus driver asked, irritated.

seri was flustered by it and slowly shook her head before running to catch up with the two boys to return the bag.

after returning the bag, she immediately regretted it. it just sink in to her that she missed the last bus.

"fuck," she course under her breath as she looks around, realizing that she's in a dark creepy alley which screams danger.

she gulped as three old males suddenly appeared in the alley. they were slowly walking towards her direction. they reeked alcohol and they were not walking straight, making seri assume that they were drunk.

the worst case is they came from where she came from. so she had no choice but to walk to the opposite direction even though she had no idea where it would take her.

seri fasten hwr pace as she heard them murmur something she can't understand.

"hey miss! are you lost? we can get help you!" she heard one of them shouted making her panic even more.

because of that, seri started running as if her life depends on it, and she felt like it really did depend on that.

while running, she reached out for her bag to get her phone but before she can even touch the opening of her bag, she felt a hand on her arm, pulling her into an isolated corner.