eighteen

seri wouldn't stop talking how the night went even though it has been days since that happen. and dongsook was really close to memorize every detail about that night.

today is the day. it is finally their foundation day. just a few more hours left before donghyuck's and seri's duo performance.

"why aren't you eating breakfast?" jaehyun told her sister when he saw the untouched sandwich.

"oh," seri immediately sat infront of jaehyun and got the sandwich her brother made. nervous was an understatement of what she feels at the moment. she was deeply worried about today's event that made her overlook some things.

sungchan took the seat beside her and placed his newly made pancakes. he glanced at her sister who was attempting to take a bit on the sandwich.

"sis, that's mine. you don't eat lettuce," sungchan got the sandwich from her grasp and gave her the sandwich that jaehyun made for her.

seri just heaved a sighed before starting eating the sandwich.

sungchan sliced his pancakes and gave her another side glance. "the dance's today right?"

jaehyun eyed at her sister. as much as he wanted to watch her performance, he can't. outsiders were not allowed and he still had things to do in his office. and seri was fine with it, after all the things her brother has done for them.

"are you nervous?" he asked, seri nodded her head. "you'll do great." he tapped her shoulder and gave her an assuring smile.

seri just slowly nodded. something just felt weird. she just had that feeling that something bad will happen.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

"you look extremely excited!" dongsook bumped her shoulders against her twin's.

donghyuck rolled his eyes. "you should work on your sarcasm."

the two of them were on the backstage, with other students who'll also perform for today's event. dongsook ignored her brother's remarks and continued teasing him because of how nervous he looked.

"but dongsook, seriously, how's renjun and seri?" he asks, looking seriously at his twin.

dongsook raised a brow. "why? are you planning on breaking them up? because that's totally fucked up."

"no," donghyuck defended, "i won't do that to my bestfriend, okay?"

his twin elbowed him on the ribs. "glad to know, but they seem fine... and happy."

dongsook examined his reaction and was quite taken aback when he scoffed. "so he still haven't told her anything?"

the girl was deeply puzzled by what his twin meant but the question in her mind disappeared when she saw seri walking towards them. dongsook immediately gave her a wide grin and looked at her from had to toe.

"stop that!" seri demanded when dongsook wiggled her brows.

the sunkissed girl giggled and slung both of her arms on donghyuck and seri. "just break a leg okay? but not literally."

seri rolled her eyes and was about to respond when the student, who was the one handling the event, approached them.

"you guys are next." then the student pulled them both towards the stage and left them there behind the certains.

seri immediately skipped to the side and sat there as donghyuck is suppose the first one to dance alone. when the certains started opening, seri held her knees together and buried her face on her toes as she was suppose to.

then the music started playing. seri never had the chance to see donghyuck's solo dance in their practices and in that moment, she slightly lifted her head just enough to see donghyuck moving around.

he was dancing gracefully. every move he makes were elegant and the passion in his eyes were burning. seri was so sure that the male was passionate about it, makes her wonder why he isn't part of the dance group.

after donghyuck did his solo, seri slowly got up according to what they have practiced. she slightly closed her eyes as she let her body move along with the music.

the two of them did what they were taught to and they executed each move perfectly. then the music started to slow down, indicating that it's about to end.

seri glanced at donghyuck as he positioned himself, ready to do the ending pose. seri licked her lips nervously as she slowly walked to him and slung her arms around hie neck.

seri looked down as the music came to an end. but the next thing that happened was something she never expected. donghyuck  lifted her chin and their eyes met as he slowly closed tthe gap between them and their lips met.

seri was frozen as donghyuck's lips were on hers. she wanted to push him away yet she couldn't move for some reason.

until the crowd started cheering aand clapping their hands and the curtains closed. seri immediately got donghyuck off her. she didn't even gave him a single glance and she started running towards the backstage.

then she saw renjun looking at her while smiling. he was looking at her, dejected. then he turned his back and started walking away with a bouquet of flowers.