twenty-eight

seri stared at their home's door, still hesitant to open it and go inside. she was deeply worried on how jaehyun would probably lash out.

but the girl will not deny that donghyuck's words made her feel better than she was before.

taking a deep breath, she slowly opened the door and stepped inside. she was expecting the living room to be empty but her eyes widen she she saw jaehyun seated at at the couch.

when their eyes met, seri suddenly burns out crying while looking down.

"i'm s-so sorry..." she cried out, "i-i failed you."

jaehyun felt his heart breaking when he witness it. he felt guilty. he knew that he was pushing her hard or pressuring her to much to do good in school because he doesn't want seri to end up like him yet that wasn't an excuse. he was putting too much pressure on her, he realized his fault.

he slowly stood up and walk up to her. enveloping seri into a warm and comforting hug, hoping to make her feel better. to let her know that she may pass or fail, she will always be jaehyun's favorite sister, because she's the only sister he has, and his favorite girl, always.

jaehyun wanted to shower her with comforting words to let her know that yet he wasn't the type to do to. he sucks at expressing his affection.

when he felt that she was calming down, he slowly got his arms off her.

"it's already late... wash up and you need to sleep."

the next day, saturday morning, it was it was already nine in the morning. seri woke up and the first thing that she saw was the pancakes placed on her center table with a stick note from jaehyun saying that she should have breakfast and he has work.

seri smiled and felt relieved that jaehyun didn't react the way she thought he would.

she stretched her arms before standing up and bringing the breakfast jaehyun made to their dining area, where she saw sungchan all dressed up while eating.

"you have a date?" seri asks her younger brother as she walks down the stairs. a smirk was formed on her lips when she saw the pink blush on sungchan's cheeks.

"who's the lucky person?" she teased before placing her breakfast on the table and sitting down.

sungchan glared at her sister. "i'll just hangout with my friends, okay? i'm not dating anyone."

"okay, just get home early."

then sungchan gave her a small nod before he bid goodbye to leave the house.

"but sungchan, you should consider confessing to your frien—"

"i'm do not like him, okay?"

seri smirked. "him? so you have a person in mind? i never mentioned a person. perhaps, i know this 'him'—"

"please, let me leave peacefully," he frowned. "don't meddle with my affairs. as far as i know, you have a lot of things to think about... maybe calculus?" sungchan smirked.

it was seri's turn to roll her eyes. "fuck you. just leave, asshole."

sungchan let out a laugh before waving his hand goodbye and totally left the house, leaving seri with her breakfast.

then her phone rang as she received a call from dongsook. seri wiped off her fingers using a tissue before answering the call.

"can i come over?" dongsook said before the girl can even say anything.

seri nodded as if the girl can see her. "yes—"

"great!" her bestfriend squealed cutting seri's words, "now open the door for me, i'm outside."

upon hearing dongsook's words, she stood up and dashed to the door and opened it. seeing ther bestfriend really there, she ended the call and looked at her ridiculously.

"you could have knocked or rang the doorbell!" seri said after the tan girl got inside and plopped down on the couch.

"sungchan told me that you're having a hard time with calculus..."

seri immediately scoffed. "that bitch." then she sat down on the couch beside dongsook then sigh heavily. "i should do great on the finals.."

dongsook titled her head slightly when an idea popped out of her mind.

"what if i ask a my twin to help you? he's really great with calculus!"

seri's eyes dilated as she immediately shook her head no. "i can manage, sookie. i don't need—"

her words were cut off when she saw the tan girl bringing her phone to her ear. dongsook winked at seri and smile when she heard her twin answer her call.

"hey hyuck! can you help seri on calculus?" she smiled at her bestfriend who was shaking her head in disapproval.

donghyuck immediately agreed sying that it will be fine and he has nothing to lose if he agrees. "we can start tomorrow if she wants... tomorrow afternoon on her fave cafe?"

dongsook smiled, "okayy hyuckie, i'll tell her. thanks!"