𝚌𝚑5. 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚎

october 11th, 2020

when ashley had asked kassidy to hang out with her, she didn't think it would entail her following her little sister around stores for what felt like hours. it wasn't that she was complaining, it was just that her feet were starting to hurt, she was bored, and she was beginning to get hungry .

okay, so maybe she was complaining.

"ash, come on" kassidy sighed, dragging behind her little sister as she searched through the never ending racks of clothes, "i'm hungry and i'm tired."

they were currently in image, a women's clothing store located at the grove, which confused kassidy to be completely honest. these types of stores usually weren't ashley's style.

"i'm almost done" ashley told her, not even bothering to turn around and look at her, "i'm having a photoshoot with ava later so i need new clothes. you can go get some food and i'll text you when i'm done"

kassidy rolled her eyes. she knew how her sister got when it came to taking photos, so she didn't bother arguing with her. "i'm gonna head over to bob's and get a coffee. meet me over there when you're done" without waiting for her sisters response, she spun on her heel and walked out of the store.

♡ ♡

the grove was way too busy for her liking, not that it was anything new. there wasn't a single time she'd been here and seen the place even remotely empty.

she smiled at the worker as he handed over her coffee and placed a dollar in the tip jar. she scanned the area for a free seat, sighing in relief when she was able to find one; she would've been a little annoyed if she had to stand and wait for her sister.

she took a seat on the bench, pulling out her phone to help pass the time. she wasn't paying any mind to the people passing by as she occasionally sipped her coffee.

"hey, long time no see!"

she jumped, startled by the voice. her cheeks heat up slightly when she looked up and locked eyes with jc.

"hey!" she smiled, recovering quickly from the slight scare, "what are you doing here?"

what a stupid question, kassidy, she scolded herself, what do you think he's doing here?

"shopping around" -- he held up his bag for emphasis-- "you here alone?"

she shook her head, "i'm with ashley.. she's shopping around for photoshoot looks"

jc nodded, "that's nice. oscar's around here somewhere. brian's birthday is coming up so were looking for some things to decorate the house with"

"oh, thats fun! happy birthday to him!" she smiled awkwardly. she wasn't good when it came to talking to guys, especially guys that she found herself attracted to.

he nodded, looking around awkwardly for a moment before locking eyes again with her, "you know.." he scratched the back of his neck nervously, "we're doing a small party for him before we go away on vacation. you should come.. bring a friend if you want"

she smiled brightly at his invitation, "really? yeah, okay. that sounds great!"

"It's, uh, it's tonight" he stuttered nervously. mentally, he was scolding himself. he was usually extremely laid back and chill -- not really the type to get nervous when speaking to girls, so he didn't know why it was so different when it came to kassidy.

"okay" she nodded, looking down at her phone to check the time, "i should probably get going to find my sister then"

"yeah, i should probably go find oscar"

she nodded awkwardly at him, the two of them lingering in silence for a moment. "i'll, uh, i'll see you tonight, jc" she smiled slightly, standing from the bench, "thank you for the invite"

"of course" he stepped to the side, allowing her room to stand, "i look forward to seeing you"

"i look forward to seeing you too"