𝚌𝚑20. 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎

november 7th, 2020

it was tradition for kassidy to wake her siblings up on their birthdays with cake and presents, so when november 7th rolled around she made sure to wake jc up bright and early (despite his complaints) to get started on the yearly shenanigans.

"come on, justin" she pouted. she sat up on her knees, peering down at the still sleeping boy, "i let you sleep in later than i planned. ashley will be up soon"

"five more minutes" he murmured, not even bothering to open his eyes.

he smirked, taking her silence as a loss. when he felt her settle herself on his lap so she was straddling him, he knew that wasn't the case.

she leaned down, her lips brushing against his ear, "if you get up now we can have our own celebration later" she smirked when she felt his hands grip her waist tightly.

"why wait til later when we can do it now?' jc questioned, finally opening his eyes to look at the girl above him. in one motion, he flipped the two of them over so he was now the one peering down at her, "we're already behind on schedule, might as well..."

she rolled her eyes, pulling his head down so she could capture his lips with her own. for a moment she let him believe that she had caved, but when he tried deepening the kiss she pulled away from him, "we don't have time for that"

he groaned, letting his head drop into the crook of her neck, "you're such a tease"

"no, i'm just very persuasive"

♡ ♡

thankfully, when they had finally made it to corbyn's house (which had been where ashley spent the night) the birthday girl was still sound asleep.

her, jc, jordan, and corbyn crept into the guest bedroom, a cake in her right hand and a present in her left. the boys stopped at the foot of the bed while she continued making her way over to the side in which ashley slept.

"happy birthday to you..." she began singing, the boys joining in with her. she giggled as ashley jumped awake, her eyes widening at all the people in her room. she waited until their singing came to an end before she began complaining

"you do this every year. aren't you sick of it?" she whined. for once, once, she wished her siblings would give her the luxury of sleeping in on her birthday. her eyes traveled around the room, landing on jc, "really? you too?"

he shrugged innocently, "your sisters very persuasive when she wants to be"

the youngest of the besson's shuddered at what he was implying, "please, i'll literally throw up"

kassidy rolled her eyes, "are you gonna blow out the candles or not?"

ashley smiled, leaning forward to blow out the nineteen candles on the cake. upon doing that, kassidy placed the cake on the side table and gave her brothers a knowing look.

ashley, who was no stranger to what comes next, sighed, "alright, just get it over with"

her three siblings smiled, jumping into the bed and cuddling their youngest sibling into a group hug. jc watched from the sidelines, a small smile on his face. the ever growing look of happiness on kassidy's face had his stomach swarming with butterflies. it'd been quite some time since he'd felt this way about a girl and all he could do was hope this lasted as long as possible.

kassidy, who felt jc's eyes burning into her, turned to look at him. when their eyes locked, her stomach filled with butterflies. although she hated doing it, she found herself comparing him to ryan. when she was with her ex, he refused to spend this day with her and her family, claiming that he had better things to do then to 'celebrate a sister that wasn't his'.

she shook away the thoughts of her past and forced herself to focus on the present. jc wasn't ryan, and he never would be.

♡ ♡

after spending the whole day with her family, kassidy and jc eventually returned back to the c4 house.

she immediately made herself comfortable on the couch, although it didn't last long. jc followed her to the couch, stopping in front of her and blocking her view of the tv she had planned on watching.

wordlessly, he held his hand out to her and she stared up at him in confusion, "can i help you?" she questioned. she motioned to the tv, "you're blocking my view" 

"i was promised a celebration"

a playful pout made its way onto her face, "yeah but... tv"

in a single, quick motion he picked her up from the couch and she instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist. his hands came to rest on her thighs just below her butt, making sure she didn't slide out of his arms, and his lips attached to her neck. she hummed, moving her head to the side to allow him more access.

"seriously?!" oscar cried, his hands instantly moving to cover his eyes. he'd been on his way to the kitchen when he stumbled upon the couple, and he all of a sudden wished he'd just stayed in his room.

kassidy giggled at his distraught and disgusted look, "sorry, oscar"

jc rolled his eyes, "i'm not"

"why don't you do everyone a favor and get a room"

the couple shared a look before shrugging. with kassidy still in his arms, jc began making his way up the stairs, stopping briefly to yell over his shoulder;

"we're busy tonight, don't bother us!"