𝚌𝚑24. 𝚗𝚘 𝚓𝚞𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

november 21st, 2020

"i'm in serious trouble"

sydnie looked up from her place on the couch, watching as kassidy huffed and plopped down beside her. it'd been awhile since the two of them had spent the day together, so that morning the eldest besson had made her way over to her best friend's house, prepared to spill all the beans.

"oh?" the avery girl quirked an eyebrow, "you have my attention.."

"promise not to judge me?"

"me? judge you?" sydnie question, a slight giggle falling from her lips, "you know i would never do that"

kassidy nodded. she took a deep breath and looked up at sydnie, "i think i love jc"

the brunette's eyes widened considerably. of all things she was expecting her best friend to say, that had not been one of them.

"oh wow, uh, okay" sydnie stumbled over her words. she didn't want to say the wrong thing -- didn't want to make kassidy feel more anxious than she already did. "w-when did you start to think that?"

"when he smiled at me"

"w.. when he smiled at you?" she repeated, her face scrunched up in confusion, "yeah, so i'm gonna need you to elaborate"

"we went out for dinner a few nights ago and he asked me to fly out with him to texas for christmas" kassidy explained, "i hesitated cause i was nervous, you know? but then he.. he smiled at me with this wide smile and my stomach got all fluttery and my heart started to race and syd.... with a smile like that, i'd do anything he asked me to"

"oh crap"

"exactly" kassidy nodded in agreement. she hadn't said much, but she knew exactly what sydnie meant.

"okay, well let's not panic. this could be a really good thing" sydnie tried to reason, "he could feel the same way"

kassidy looked at her with wild eyes, "we've been together for like a month, syd. how could he possibly fall in love within a month?!"

sydnie gave her a 'really?' look, "good question. if only there was someone who knows what that's like..... oh wait"

the blonde rolled her eyes, playfully shoving her best friend away from her, "shut up! stop making fun of me and help me!"

"help you?! girl what do you want me to do? if you love him, you love him"

"should i tell him?"

sydnie shrugged, "baby, that is solely up to you. you do whatever you feel is the most right"

"what i feel like doing is crawling in a hole and never coming out"

sydnie frowned, turning her body to fully face the girl sat beside her. she reached her hand out, lacing her fingers with kassidy's and giving a reassuring squeeze, "don't overthink this too much, alright? he should feel incredibly honored to be loved by someone like you, kassie jane. you're one of a kind, babygirl. don't ever convince yourself otherwise"

"have i ever told you how much i love you?"

"once or twice. feel free to say it again though"

♡ ♡

after talking with sydnie, kassidy felt obligated to have a similar talk with her siblings. it felt wrong discussing this with her best friend but not her brothers and sister. so after leaving the brunette's home, she immediately made her way over to where she knew all over her siblings would be; corbyns house.

she sent jc a quick text, letting him know that she would most likely be later than usual, before exiting her car and letting herself into her brothers' home. about a year back, corbyn had given her a key, so she decided now was a good time to put it to use.

just like she had guessed, her three siblings were sat in the living room engaged in a heated conversation. judging from the few snippets she had caught, they seemed to be arguing over whether pineapple belongs on pizza (which honestly was typically what the majority of their arguments sounded like).

"it's a fruit!" ashley cried. she hadn't noticed her sister walk in, so she continued on with her shouting, "why the fuck would you put fruit on pizza?!"

"i don't know, ashley. why do you put ketchup on your eggs?!" jordan retaliated, looking at his little sister with raised eyebrows. corbyn was laid back on the couch, looking between the two of them with a look of amusement.

"what?! ketchup on eggs and pineapple on pizza are two totally different things!"

"says who?!"

"says anybody with a brain!"

"seems like i missed a lot" kassidy spoke, making herself known. she pushed off the wall in the doorway, fully making her way into the living room and taking a seat next to corbyn, "glad to know nothings changed since the last time we all hung out"

"nope, jordans still an idiot"

"ashleys still a bitch"

"and corbyn's still neutral to the conversation" corbyn smirked.

kassidy laughed, looking between all of her siblings. it'd been awhile since just the four of them had spent time together and she felt refreshed. "i missed you guys"

"we missed you too, kassie" jordan smiled, nudging her leg with his arm from his place on the floor.

"what's up?" ashley questioned, "you look stressed"

"i'm in love with jc" she blurted out, not bothering to ease their way into the conversation. 

collectively, all of her siblings' eyes considerably widened. they stayed silent for a moment, not really sure how to respond to that.

"oh" corbyn muttered, shrugging nonchalantly before pausing for a moment and snapping his head over to his sister, "oh"

"yeah" she smiled tightly

"have you told him?" jordan asked

"nope"

"are you going to?"

"at some point"

"i think this is a good thing" ashley shrugged, "jc's a good guy"

"they've only been dating for a month," corbyn pointed out, peering down at his sister who was sitting beside jordan on the floor.

"so?" ashley furrowed her eyebrows, not seeing the point he was trying to make. "you can't control love, corbyn"

"but a month?" jordan made a face, agreeing with whatever point his brother was trying, but failing, to make.

ashley rolled her eyes, "the both of you sound stupid" she peered up at her sister, "don't listen to them, kassidy. you can't put a time limit on love"

kassidy, who had just been sitting and watching the conversation from the sidelines, nodded along with what her little sister was saying, "when did you become a love expert?"

she shrugged, "you don't need to be an expert to know that you love who you love whenever it is you fall in love with them. these are the things that are out of our control"

corbyn sighed, reluctantly nodding in agreement. "you're right. if you love him, then you love him. either way i'm happy for you and i support you"

"we all do, kass" jordan sent her a small smile, "it's us against the world, remember?"

"us against the world."