𝚌𝚑2. 𝚜𝚖𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚑?

october 5th, 2020

kassidy bessons phone rang for what felt like the hundredth time, causing the blonde girl to frustratingly toss it away from her. there was no use in answering it or checking to see who it was ; she already knew.

"who the hell keeps calling your phone?" ashley groaned from her place on kassidys bedroom floor — she was tired of the constant ringing.

"who do you think?"

ashley placed her phone down and glanced up at her sister, "why don't you just block him?"

"i did!" kassidy sighed, "he just keeps calling me from different numbers!"

"who keeps calling you from different numbers?"

the two besson girls turned their heads toward the doorway at the sound of their brothers voice. corbyn was leaned against the wall, looking at his sisters expectantly.

"it's no one, don't worry about it" kassidy tried her best to sound reassuring. she was the oldest sibling, which meant she should be the one to worry about her sister and brothers — not the other way around.

corbyn held eye contact with her for a moment before pushing himself off the wall and fully entering her room. kassidy internally sighed, knowing that meant he wasn't dropping the topic until he got the answer he was looking for.

ashely looked between her two older siblings and shook her head, pushing herself up off the floor, "ill leave you two to talk.. i'm gonna, uh, i'm gonna head to ava's" she informed them before hurriedly exiting the room — she did not want to be around for this conversation.

kassidy glared at her little sisters retreating figure, mentally cursing at her for leaving her to talk to corbyn by herself.

"who keeps calling your phone, kassie?"

"don't worry about me, corbyn, alright?" kassidy sighed, fixating her attention on her brother, "i'm the older sister. let me do the worrying"

"kassidy, just because you're the oldest doesn't mean you need to bare all the responsibilities" corbyn frowned. this wasn't an unfamiliar talk for them. the two of them have had this conversation over and over again, "is it ryan? does ryan keep calling you?"

he took her lack of a response as an answer.

"kassidy this is harassment. he's harassing you"

"corbyn, it's fine. please just drop it" she crossed her arms stubbornly, indicating that she wasn't going to talk about the subject any further.

kassidy had never been good with opening up, even if it was to her siblings. she tended to keep everything to herself and had falsely convinced herself that as the oldest, she needed to be the one constantly taking charge and looking out for her family.

corbyn sighed at her stubbornness, biting his tongue to prevent himself from showing his frustration. "fine, we don't have to talk about it now, but if he keeps doing this we're going to have an issue.. and it won't end well for him."

"can we talk about something else please?"

he rolled his eyes and reluctantly nodded, "i'm heading over to jc's with daniel, you want to come?"

she contemplated the offer for a moment before ultimately agreeing.

seceretly, she'd been looking forward to the next time she'd get to see jc

♡ ♡

jc's house was crowded. from the moment the two besson's had walked in, people had been entering and exiting the house every few minutes. thankfully, she was familiar with most of them. she wasn't a stranger to corbyns friends, excluding a select few.

she was currently sat on the couch next to nezza, the two girls catching up on whats been going on in their lives. the last time the two had seen one another kassidy had still been in her previous relationship, and she couldn't bring herself to hide her cringe when nezza brought him up.

"oh no! i saw that look! what happened, girl? spill the tea"

kassidy forced out a laugh, giving the curly-headed woman a basic run down of how the relationship had ended ; "it just didn't work out" "we weren't meant to be" is what she would tell the people who asked, too ashamed to get into details on what really had taken place.

how dumb would she look telling people she'd been dumped because she wasn't good enough? she mentally scoffed at the thought.

"don't sweat him girl, he's not even worth it" nezza reassured her, reaching out to give her hand a squeeze.

kassidy wanted to laugh at the irony. he wasn't worth it?

instead she forced a grateful smile on her facing, mentally praying to whoever was listening up above to remove her from this conversation without making her look like a complete bitch.

"you talking the poor girls ear off?"

god, thank you for having your listening ears on today.

jc came into view, smiling down at kassidy in greeting before turning his attention back to teasing the girl sat next to her.

nezza scoffed, "we're having a great conversation, thank you very much. what do you want?"

"your boyfriends looking for you" jc informed her, "he was whining about whatever crawford likes to whine about"

nezza rolled her eyes. she informed the besson girl that they'd finish catching up later before pushing herself off the couch and heading toward the direction jc had come from.

he took the girls previous spot and turned to kassidy, a friendly smile on his face. "long time no see"

kassidy returned the smile, "corbyn couldn't stay away"

"corbyn or you?"

the ringing of kassidys phone interrupted whatever it was she was going to say next. she quietly groaned as she pulled it out of her pocket and looked at who was calling.

ryan.
4 missed calls

she rolled her eyes and wordlessly shoved the phone back in her pocket.

"you okay?"

she looked over at jc and nodded, a tight lipped smile on her face, "yeah, i'm good. it wasn't important"

he nodded, knowing not to push the subject. he wasn't blind nor stupid, and could easily tell that something was bothering the girl but they'd only just met one another and he knew better than to dig into a situation that had nothing to do with him.

so instead, he opted for a distraction.

"you smoke?"

she blinked up at him in confusion, "what?"

"do you smoke?" he repeated the question, looking at her with a quirked eyebrow

"yeah" she nodded, breathing out a laugh at the random question, "why?"

"did you drive here?"

she scrunched her face at the back-to-back odd questions, but answered anyway, "no, corbyn drove. he's out back with daniel and some of the boys"

he ignored her comment on corbyns whereabouts and instead stood from the couch, reaching his hand out towards her, "care to join me?"

"doing what?" she questioned, grabbing hold of his outstretched hand regardless of her confusion

he pulled her off the couch, "a smoke sesh sounds good right now, don't you agree?"

she quirked an eyebrow at his boldness. it was unusual from someone to suggest having a smoke sesh with someone they'd just met, but she didn't have much room to judge seeing as she was about to agree to a smoke sesh with someone she'd just met.

"lead the way"