『XVII』

dialogue: 

"so walk me through what happened." vinnie said as he walked hand in hand with kingsley towards the parking lot. 

"i was about to leave when he calls me," kingsley began.

"wait, why does he still have your number?"

"vinnie."

"okay, okay, sorry, keep going." 

"he called me and i picked up," vinnie interrupted with a grunt. "what was i supposed to do, vin? what if he was dying or something!"

"or what if he has a weak pullout game?" vinnie joked, still not letting go of kingsley's hand. kingsley chuckled and then realized vinnie wasn't walking towards his car. 

"where are you going? you're car is," she was interrupted by vinnie pointing to another car. 

"your car." he answered and kingsley blushed. "so, he called you."

"yeah, right, he called me and the first thing he says is that effiel had a positive test. and at first i was like 'why are you telling me? you said we aren't freinds.'"

"yeah, exactly."

"and i was thinking about how unfair it is for him to like, drop me and then call me when he's in shit,"

"yes, exactly!"

"but,"

"what do you mean 'but'?" vinnie asked again, now looking at kingsley as they both reached her car.

"but i realized that that's kind of what i've been doing to him..."

"what do you mean? why didn't you come to me?" vinnie asked. kingsley stayed quiet. "oh." 

"yeah. so i decided the least i could do is talk to him, right?"

"right, and go over to his house and suck his –"

"vincent!" kingsley yelled, holding back her laughs. 

"sorry, sorry, keep going." 

"anyways, he started freaking out. like, crying."

"oh, shit."

"yeah, so i went over to his house." kingsley saw vinnie's face harden slightly. 

"and then what?"

"nothing, vinnie. we talked about how he didn't get a say in what effiel was gonna do with the baby and then i saw the time and i rushed over here and i missed the game and i fucked up and i'm sorry." vinnie stayed quiet as he looked at kingsley with a slight smile. "please don't be mad at me." 

"i'm not." he said and he hugged her. 

"i promise i'll be at the next game. i'll be the first one in the bleachers i promise, vinnie, i swear –" kingsley was interrupted with a soft kiss on her lips. 

"i'll hold you to it." vinnie smiled. 

"so did y'all end up winning?" kingsley asked. 

"hey kingsley!" a voice yelled from the other side of the parking lot. 

"i'm giving you five seconds to get into your car and leave." vinnie laughed. 

"kings! kings!" another voice yelled. this time, a voice she recognized and she began to laugh as she turned around. "hi kings! we love you!" micha yelled as he and sam ran towards where she and vinnie were standing. 

"i warned you." vinnie smiled, putting both of his hands on kingsley's shoulders.

"hi kings!" sam chirped.

"yo, get back." vinnie laughed as he lightly pushed sam back. 

"were you at the game?" micha asked. 

"no, sorry, something came up.

"oh, so that's why we lost." sam nodded at micha. 

"oh wow, they're still on the good luck thing?" kingsley asked turning around to vinnie and he nodded and rolled his eyes. 

❇️ b speaks ~
hi! ok i kinda sorta have
nothing to say🧍‍♀️ so, pms
are open. i love y'all! bye!