『I』

dialogue:

kingsley sat at her desk, waiting to leave and laughing with vinnie, who was standing over her with his backpack hanging low. kingsley looked back and forth at the clock that was slowly ticking until the big hand reached the four and a bell rung throughout the school, echoing in the hallways that were covered in ripped posters promoting upcoming evens.

kingsley grabbed her backpack and walked out of the classroom with vinnie right next to her, still towering over her. when they reached the hallway, they were met with a glaring maggie.

"i should head out. it was nice talking to you." vinnie smiled putting a hand on kingsley's shoulder, lightly rubbing his fingers on her exposed neck.

"yeah, i'll see you tomorrow." kingsley smiled.

"kin-" maggie began.

"save it." kingsley smiled as she started walking down the hallway, dodging the crowds of students that were flooding from different directions.

"kingsley!" maggie groaned.

"we were just talking!" kingsley defended.

"oh, so you weren't flirting?" maggie sarcastically asked.

"no, we weren't!"

"so you wanna tell me why he put his hand all over your shoulder?"

"i didn't even notice." she lied.

"you're gonna get hurt, king. you know what he does to all the other girls."

"maggie, i get you're looking out for me, and i love you for it, but vinnie is nice, okay? and it's not like i'm gonna fall madly in love. he's just a school friend. someone to talk to in class."

"if you say so." maggie mumbled as she opened the doubled doors with a slam and the two girls made their way through the maze that was the student parking lot.

* * *

imessages:

chrishey king!

chris
hey king!

kingsley
hey chris what's up

chris
i heard you and vinnie kind have a thing now

kingsley
um

kingsley
no?

chris
oh

kingsley
who told u that lmao

chris
it was vinnie

kingsley
vinnie told you him and i were a thing??

chris
he said y'all were talking

kingsley
when??