『II』

"so, kingsley," micha said as he sat down at the picnic table she was studying at during her off period. micha played baseball with vinnie, but he liked football better. kingsley had him in geography freshmen year and they hardly talked in that class so you can imagine my confusion when micha sat down and acted like he and kingsley were best friends.

"hey, micha..." kingsley said with a small smile and a puzzled look.

"so, what'd you think about vinnie?" he said with a smirk sitting down across from her.

"what did he tell you?" kingsley said before laughing.

"nothing, nothing! i'm just wondering what you're feeling. do you think he's cute?"

"micha."

"i'm not gay or anything, but if i was a girl, i think i'd like vinnie."

"micha."

"he said y'all were talking." micha blurted.

"in the locker room?"

"he told you?" micha asked.

"no, chris heard." kingsley explained.

"chris who?"

"chris daniels." kingsley said in a 'duh' tone. "purple hair, a nose ring." kingsley smiled as she described chris.

"oh, that weird kid?"

kingsley was taken aback. " he's not weird."

"he has no friends..." micha gave a sympathetic smile as if he felt sorry for chris.

"you're an idiot." kingsley smiled as she rolled her eyes. "just because he's not friends with you doesn't mean he has no friends. he's my friend." kingsley went back to her papers.

"if you say so. anyways, you might wanna tell you're not into him. he won't stop talking to you." micha said as he stood up from the table.

"yeah, okay." kingsley smiled, trying to hide her cheeks that were now turning red.

"i've gotta go. nice seing you, kingsley."

"yeah, you too!" she called out.

* * *

kingsley shut the door to her car and put the keys in the ignition. she swung her backpack into the passenger seat. sshe grabbed her phone out of her bag to check and began typing while she waited for maggie.

imessages:

kingsleyhey, vinnie, we need to chat

kingsley
hey, vinnie, we need to chat

vinnie
hey kingsley ;) what's up?

kingsley
why did micha come up to me today and ask my if i thought you cute?

vinnie
not sure