『XIII』

dialogue:

"jesus christ." vinnie huffed.

"vinnie!" effiel squealed as she trotted down the hallway. her black hair was curled and was bouncing everywhere. "hi, vinnie!" she cooed.

"hey, effiel." vinnie managed to get out as he gripped kingsley's hand. he wasn't looking at her, but he had spent enough time with her to know she was uncomfortable.

"i feel like we haven't chatted in forever! not even in class." effiel sneered. she didn't even try to hide it; she looked straight at kingsley, causing kingsley to look at her hand that was intertwined with vinnie's. 

"oh, um," vinnie began, unsure how to not sound like a complete dick while still not being too friendly.

"you and i should hang out soon!" effiel said as if nothing was weird.

"i don't," 

"vinnie boy!" as if on cue, micha's deep voice boomed as he was running down the hallway with some boys, including sam and trevor who were jumping around all the other students just trying to get to class, causing teacher's to roll their eyes. kingsley internally smiled at the impeccable timing. 

vinnie's tensed shoulders relaxed when effiel's face began to disappear in the sea of teenage boys. 

"hey kings! you look good today" sam cooed.

"get back!" vinnie laughed as he shoved sam lightly.

"someone come get his girlfriend!" micha hollered pointing at sam, gaining confused looks from the students around them. kingsley began walking again, her hand still wrapped in vinnie's that had chipped black nail polish on his finger nails. she glanced back to see effiel was already looking at kingsley. kingsley snapped her head back around and looked down at the floor as she continued walking.

* * *

maggiekingsley have you seen it yet

maggie
kingsley have you seen it yet

kingsley 
hi maggie

maggie
have you seen it?

kingsley
seen what? 

maggie
this was on effiel's story. micha sent it to me

maggie

kingsleylord

kingsley
lord

maggie
she's obsessed with you

maggie
she's crazy!

kingsley
whatever. i don't care. 

maggie
can i dm her?

kingsley
absolutely not. 

maggie
PLEASE kings

kingsley
no lmao

kingsley
idc about her. i really don't. if she wants to post stuff on her story about me that's fine. 

kingsley
hey off topic but i wanted to talk to you about something 

maggie
yeah what's up

kingsley
i think i did the right thing, but i just need someone else to tell me i did the right thing and i can't talk about this vinnie

maggie
yeah, of course

kingsley
so i was talking to vinnie about chris and i told him that i wanted to be his friend and vinnie was fine about that. and so chris found out i got back together with vinnie and he told me that he liked me 

maggie
oh wow

kingsley
but he made me feel bad about dating vinnie. he made it sound like i was this awful person that only used him a second choice. 

maggie
oh wow

kingsley
stop saying that

maggie
sorry

maggie
i don't think you did a wrong thing, but i see where chris is coming from. 

kingsley
so am i terrible person?

maggie
not at all! it's not your fault you don't like him. and besides, you have a boyfriend. what did he expect you to say?? 

kingsley
exactly!! okay good, so i don't need to feel bad.

maggie
no kings. your heart's gonna be the death of you.

kingsley
yeah, i know

❇️ b speaks ~
short ass chapter, smh... anyways,
hi! i hope all of y'all are doing well!
thank you so much for 2k reads on this
book! as always, PMs are open! i always
have those open for anyone! Love y'all!