C1- P2

Entering Flashback:

Isolde slammed her locker shut just as the bell rang.

The halls were gradually emptying, everyone headed to class.

"Anyways, I'll tell you the rest during break, I've got an econ test to get to." Savannah, who was in the midst of recounting her forbidden chronicles, took off leaving Isolde with Kiera.

"She never shuts up!" Groaned Kiera, finally closing her locker after applying chapstick to her plump lips in the little mirror she had in there.

She dropped a piece of gum in her mouth, throwing back her luscious dark braids before proceeding to chew repulsively.

"No one cares about her and Dylan's non existent problems. As if he'd even look at her that way." She went on, while the two walked towards Mr. Bentley's class.

Isolde remained silent, blocking out Kiera's usual bitchy commentaries like she always did.

There were only a few weeks left, she reminded herself. Summer vacation was right around the corner, and it would finally save her from this torturous sophomore year.

They reached the classroom where half the students had already taken a seat, or simply reserved it by sprawling out their belongings on it.

Isolde finally separated herself from her "friend", taking a seat behind a taller guy.

She sat down, digging her palm into her cheek as she stared with an empty gaze at the back of this boy. He looked quiet compact, shoulders not too broad, figure neither too skinny nor too full. His hair was black and recently cut, contrasting olive skin that looked like it longed for sun.

Mr.Bentley finally arrived, a student hot on his heels waving a bunch of papers in his hands. The two heatedly conversed, presumably about a bad grade, but from her position, Isolde could neither hear, nor see.

With an exasperated sigh, she roughly tapped the guy's shoulder. He craned his neck to look at her before turning his full body back to face her entirely.

Inky eyes stared with anticipation at her, full brows drawn together in skepticism.

Isolde could feel her prepared speech slip away, suddenly feeling all too aware of herself. She straightened her postured, tucking a strand of long brown hair behind her ear so her hands would have something to do. She wondered if her palm had left a red mark on her cheek and if-

Confusion flashed across the boy's features, his eyebrows raising slightly as he faintly cocked his head to the left.

"Did you need something?" Octavius asked still studying Isolde before him.

"Right." She regained composure. "Would you mind switching seats? I can't really see anything."

Octavius glanced at the guy beside him who was busy crumpling up papers and throwing them at random people's heads.

"Sure." He shrugged, his ears turning pink as his arm accidentally brushed Isolde's fingers which clung to the back of his chair.

"Sick, thanks." She quickly got up and gathered her stuff.

As they went to switch seats, Isolde bumped into him, both choosing the same side of the isles to move along.

She raised her head which she had previously lowered, and was met with dark, inky, bottomless eyes...

End of Flashback.