C9 - P2

Entering Flashback:

Isolde's face hardened and she remained unmoving. Her back was turned to Atlas, eyes glued to the cause of his sudden fear.

"What's going o- oh" Octavius now stood behind both of them, looking over Isolde's shoulder into the room. His neutral face turned into one of surprise as his inky eyes kept jumping between Atlas and the room.

Atlas tried blocking his view but to no avail...

All three of them now stood in awkward silence in the hall outside Atlas's room, ogling the rainbow flag.

"What do you identify as?" Octavius finally spoke, his nonchalant expression returning.

"Gay." Atlas responded, his shoulders tense.

"Oh that's cool. My sister's bi." He said rather ungainly, while he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Marguerite?" Atlas queried, his shoulders relaxing slightly at the revelation.

Octavius nodded.

Atlas then turned to Isolde, who was still staring at the flag hung over his nightstand, and the tension crept back to him all over again.

She could feel his eyes on him, but she didn't know what to do.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I didn't know how you would react, and though I'm not closeted since long, I was just afraid of losing the only friends I've made." Atlas squeaked, his hands disappearing under his sleeves which he had excessively tugged at.

Finally Isolde turned, her face a blank slate.

"Why are you apologizing idiot?" She harshly snapped at him. "And if someone were to stop being friends with you just because of your romantic preferences, then you're better off without them anyways."

Atlas stood between the two with a sheepish look on his face, the tips of his ears burning bright red as he exhaled with relief.

"So that's why you wouldn't tell us who the girl you're going out with is, huh? It was a he all along."

A boyish grin tugged at Octavius's lips as he playfully trapped Atlas in a headlock.

His eyes briefly met Isolde's before he began dragging the blond boy back into the kitchen.

"Who's the lucky bastard? Do I know him? Is it Jonah from practice?"

Isolde was left standing in the entrance of the room. She glanced at the flag as if it had glanced at her first. With a pang in her chest she closed the door and entered another one which led to the bathroom this time.

She felt guilty.

She'd known which door lead to the bathroom yet she decided to let her curiosity get the better of her.

Atlas had been acting suspicious the whole evening whenever they'd near that door. He hadn't shown them his room, yet he still invited them over...

A knock came and Isolde pulled the door open.

Octavius looked down at her as he leaned against the door frame, his hands back in his pockets. Curiosity was written all across his features.