C11 - P2

Entering Flashback:

"No." Sebastian said, as the can of peaches finally opened.

Isolde frowned, tugging at her pajama t-shirt in annoyance. She stood at the end of the kitchen isle, watching as her dad prepared breakfast.

"Why?" She glared at him through steely morning eyes.

"Because. I don't see how a sleepover with two boys is a good idea." He says as he drained the sweet water from the can.

"You didn't seem to think it was a bad idea leaving them get drunk with me when you left for that barbecue last month." She grumbled, earning an unimpressed look from her father.

"Oh come on!" She grunted, pressing her palms into her eyes as she leaned against the cold marble. "One of them is gay and the other practically has a girlfriend. I really don't see the issue here, none of them are a threat. Not to mention we are strictly friends and Octavius's parents will be home."

Surprise flashed across Sebastian's face and it was quiet for a moment. Both listened to the cartoons playing on Ines's iPad while contemplating their matter of discussion.

"Why does it have to be a sleepover? Can't you just hangout and then each go back home?" He queries over the sound of chopping.

"Because the Alexopoulos's are planning on taking us snowboarding tomorrow morning. I already told you that." At this point Isolde felt exasperated, but was not about to give up over the stupid response "because i said so".

"Sleepover. Gay boy. Taken boy. Parents. Snowboarding. I've given you a solid reason to allow me to go while all you've have to offer is 'because'. Unless you have a good enough reason to lock me up at home for the weekend while others enjoy the snow, then I'm going." She concludes.

Her father finally shifts his focus from his task to his daughter with a sigh. Isolde holds his gaze, determination and confidence radiating off of her.

Sebastien looks away, returning to the breakfast he was preparing.

"Fine." He says simply, face as blank as Isolde's once was, while she allowed a victorious smirk to dance across her lips.

*

Her father drove off into the sunset reflected road after he had dropped her off at the Alexopoulos's.

Isolde stood at the side of the road, watching a murmuration of Starlings swirl over the barren trees in a sky painted in the pink of a lover's kiss.

Her boots crunched through the snow as she made her way towards the house.

Once on the porch, Isolde rung the doorbell once.

Inside, she could already hear the commotion that came with the Alexopoulos's. There was a yell, a male's voice, then a female one responded, all of which tried to out-yell the loud barking of what sounded like an enormous dog- no beast.

The door swung open and Isolde came face to face with Eulalia Alexopoulos. She had a frenzied look on her face, her wild mane of luscious black curls bouncing around her. She was the splitting image of Marguerite only her eyes were green. Eulalia seemed to be closer to her fifty's, but the wrinkles around her eyes only gave her an alluring charm.

Behind her Isolde spotted the biggest dog she'd ever seen. She'd say it was satan himself. The creature came up to Octavius's waste, ears pointed upwards like the devil's horns, eyes blacker than the pits of hell. Octavius held it by the chain around it's neck, the only none black aspect about that dog.

It started barking again. Straining against Octavius grip, it stood on it's hind legs only to reach his own height.

Without second thoughts, Isolde grabbed the door and slammed it shut, locking herself out.