C5 - P1

Heavy.

Everything seemed grey and heavy.

The clouds.

Her clothes.

Her soul and existence.

Isolde turned the corner, and had finally arrived to the gates of a public garden.

Behind her stood solemn soaked buildings, painted in soft streaks of brown, like coffee spilled across a white table cloth. The umber roof tops echoed the patter of subtle raindrops in reply to the rustle of swaying trees. And the trees. The trees shook off what was left of the leaves as the latter crunched underneath pedestrian's shoes, finally freeing their souls from the withering carcasses.

If one were to look at it all from above, it looked like Isolde was a tiny forest fairy, lost among shielding mushroom hats.

She walked through the creaking gates, a rain drop landing at the tip of her nose, like a lover's kiss she once received.

The blue eyes followed her. Eyes which once were so dear to her, now the bane of her existence. The endless blues on which she once effortlessly floated, now dragged her to their bottomless ghostly depth.

The blue eyes she had encountered, and which she coldly dismissed earlier today, turned out to be her professor's. They, like any other pair of blue eyes, threw her into a whirlwind of memories she tried hard to forget.

As soon as she could, Isolde tore out of the room and rushed to anywhere her legs would carry her to, in an attempt to escape her second trial of the day.

But it's true what they say.

One can not escape their past...

She walked over to a bench, her checkered trousers permeating the water on its surface as she sat down.

The rain only got heavier but her mind was elsewhere.

Isolde gazed into nothing, the park blurring for a moment.

The grey cloudy sky turned bright blue and clear. The barren trees bloomed in vibrant hues of greens, and the muddy empty trails dried as children rushed across them kicking the dust with their tiny little feet...