C5 -P2

Beginning of Flashback:

A high pitched shriek tore through their concentration as a group of toddlers ran past them.

Atlas grimaced, dramatically bringing a hand to his ear while Octavius's lips stretched into a swooning smile, his dimples digging deep into the sides of his cheeks.

Isolde arched her back off the ground, twisting her head as she searched for the source of the shrill laughter.

She had been laying on the soft grass, legs up on the bench near a very concentrated Octavius. His brows were knitted together, eyes scanning the pages in his hand from underneath glasses which ever so lightly rested against the bridge of his nose.

Atlas sat cross legged by her head, scrolling through the laptop propped on his thighs.

The three had hit it off quite well after bonding over a common topic: Volleyball.

Atlas and Isolde kept butting heads until they called a truce, while Octavius and Atlas grew pretty close through practice, becoming what some may call "partners in crime."

They were like the toast, peanut butter and jelly to the pb&j sandwich of their friendship.

In some miraculous way, fate had brought together the three components of the exception the gods once created.

The three pieces to one soul.

The holy trinity.

The three soul mates.

"There it is!" Octavius exclaimed, pulling out a paper from among the bunch. "I knew I had the note somewhere."

The three of them had joined forces on an extra credit project about how human touch controls phone screens.

"This basically ties all the ideas together. Both the physics and chemistry behind it." He says handing the paper to Atlas.

"Aren't ions of opposite charge attracted to one another by an electromagnetic force sprouting from their nucleus?"

"I suppose." Atlas frowns in attentiveness.

"Well humans are electrical beings." Octavius remarked, pushing his glasses up before continuing his hand gestures. "Positive and negative charges exist throughout our bodies, they send messages along our nervous system and regulate our heartbeat as well as protect individual cells."

"So these positively or negatively charged ions become evident when we touch the opposing electrical charges found in the screen." Isolde sits up continuing his idea.

"Exactly!"

She looks up at his gleaming face, still not too used to his matured state.

His dark curls fell over the cute round glasses he'd replaced the old abominable rectangular ones with.

His soft smile turned into a suggestive smirk, one of his eyebrows arching as he caught Isolde staring at him for a second too long. He flashed his teeth at her, his adam's apple bobbing and dimples reappearing.

Isolde could feel heat rise to her cheeks and she turned away, diverting her attention to a still frowning Atlas. He looked like a little kid who'd been denied of something he really wanted.

He scrunched his face in distaste, the light freckles disappearing under the three wrinkles that appeared on the bridge of his nose.