Hung-over

The waiter gave me my beer. I observed the thin layer of foam on the surface of the clear glass. The bar wasn't too loud nor too quiet; There was a moderate amount of chit chat. Suddenly, the world went quiet; Aria stepped onto the stage with her sequin dress reflecting blobs of light. She picked up her guitar that was plugged into an amp. She sat down on a wooden stool with one leg crossing over the other. 

Everything around me seemed so distant, even though they were all so close. It was all in slow motion; The only thing playing in real-time was the stage, the guitar and Aria. She positioned her microphone, so it was centimetres away from her thin lips. She placed her fingers on her guitar strings and lightly strummed the guitar's bridge. After she played the first few chords I slowly began to recognise the song she was playing.

Love Story - By Taylor Swift

I know this doesn't match Aria at all but this is all I could find, just try and imagine her with the sequin dress and brown hair! ;)

Her voice sounded glorious and smooth. She could hit every high and low note perfectly, without sounding too loud or quiet. It was five whole minutes of pure tranquillity. Everything, the chords, the strumming, the singing was perfect.

When the song was over I was still so memorized by her voice, and that guitar; That guitar...wow. Even after a good few minutes, I was still staring into space, the sound of Aria's voice replaying over and over again in my head. It was only when Aria lightly tapped me on the shoulder, that was when I truly got snapped back into reality. It took me by surprise, my whole body shook slightly; But when I realised it was her, I have a small grin and began to rub my upper arm in nervousness.

"So, what did you think?" Aria asked shyly, her hands wrapped tightly together behind her back. I didn't know what to say, so I just came up with the best phrases I could that wasn't too 'out there'. My face suddenly lit up.

"Aria, that was so awesome. You just made the whole bar, like, 20% cooler!" I quietly shouted. I grabbed Aria's shoulders and pulled them into my chest and then wrapping my arms around her back. Out of the corner of my eye, Aria seemed surprised; She began to blush, she slowly closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around my back as well. 

Then I began to think...how can I possibly make a friend as good as Aria in only a few hours? It's like one of those unrealistic movies where two lovers just come together like that. But here, it was different. Aria had something in her like she's so empathetic, and she's so adventurous and not afraid of anything; Her eyes are so pretty, I could get lost in them forever. And her long, thin, flowing hair, it's so luscious. 

I opened my eyes and realised half the bar was staring at us. Were we hugging for a really long time? I didn't want to know; I broke off the hug, to reveal Aria's overly red face.