phones

I woke up to the sound of my doorbell. Do I have to get it? It rang again. And again. Ok, I'm up.  I squinted my eyes and stretched my arms out to the roof. I pulled the grey sheets off my body and; I scanned my room for my black robe but could only find Flecther's red and blue flannel shirt on the floor. It should do for now, until I can find my robe. I lay my feet on the carpet and quietly tiptoed over to where Fletcher's shirt was. I slid the oversized shirt down my body and I instantly warmed up a little. As I walked out of my bedroom I passed my slippers and slid them onto my feet, warming me up even more. Before leaving to answer the door I peeked back at Flecther sleeping cozily on the left side of my bed. I grinned and finally left my bedroom. 

I walked down the stairs and shifted my eyesight to the analog clock on the wall. 12:00 pm already? The doorbell rang once more just before I answered the door. I turned the doorknob and I found Aria standing on the doormat, looking adorable as usual. I suddenly felt embarrassed and awkward. I literally have a tiny crush on her, but I just made out with my ex-boyfriend from when I was a teenager.

" Hi Aria," I stammered, trying to settle down the pink in my cheeks. "Nice to see you."

"Valkyrie," she said, observing the oversized flannel shirt over my body. "Yeah...um...sorry to bother you. You left your phone at my place yesterday, and well phones are important to people...I got your address from your family and I rode down here to give it back to you. So here you go," she blurted stretching out her hand with my phone in it. I slowly picked it up off her palms and putting it into the front pocket above my chest.

"Thanks, Aria," I thanked her looking down at my shirt. I felt so awkward and I didn't really want her to know...you know...my current situation with Fletcher.

"So, what's with the shirt," she commented, signalling her hand to my shirt.

 "Oh, this shirt's...i-it's one of the oversized shirts that I bought, you know cause oversized stuff it apparently trending these days, so I may as well fit in a little." I babbled, scratching the back of my head. Aria's bland face curved up to a smile.

"Yeah what's up with that? Can't people wear their own size, what's the need for ten sizes bigger?" Aria asserted.

"It's a little wired, I'll give you that." I concurred,  "But it's also pretty cute, don't you think?" 

Aria muttered something but I couldn't hear her "I-I mean it is a cute trend," she stammered. I smirked.

"Have you have lunch yet?" I blurted. Wrong move, Val; I think you forgot you have a guy in your bedroom.

"No, I haven't yet, I came straight here in the morning to give you your phone. I thought you'd be worried about where it was." Aria stated, wrapping her hands together behind her back.

"I actually completely forgot about my phone, I was...caught up," I recalled, snapping my fingers together, "my friend was upset and I was helping him out."

"Oh, bummer. I hope he's doing better now," Aria gasped looking worried, I couldn't fathom what she would think if she knew what happened last night. She's actually sort of sweet now that I've hung out with her for a while, and I don't want to hurt her. 

"He is doing a lot better," I assured her "come in, I owe you for your breakfast from yesterday." I opened my door slightly, motioning for her to come inside, she stood there and smiled at me like she was going to say-

"Thanks but, no thanks." She politely declined, "I have to get to another gig today in an hour and I have to get back home and get ready, I can't go like this," she gestured to her navy blue tracksuit pants and V neck white Tshirt. I grinned at her like I was about to say-