dinner

Fletcher sipped the last few drops of coffee in his mug "So who's this girl you're in love with?" He asked. I fiddled with the straw of my iced coffee.

"She just moved in on my parents' street. She's a musician and an artist; We went to one of her gigs last night." I responded

"And..." He waited for something exciting to come out of my mouth.

"I got drunk." He stared at me, I sipped at my coffee, "we slept together" I regretted the words as soon as they came out of my mouth. Fletcher smirked. "No- what I meant to say was that...she and I....slept in the same bed, nothing happened. Flecther's smirk faded.

"You can't expect me to sleep with her on the first night of meeting her. And I don't think she likes girls, but then again she is kinda flirty; But aren't Australians always nice and stuff," I wondered, looking at him. He squinted his eyes.

"I dunno, Val. Remember I lived in Australia for a while, they are really nice and cheery. But just because she's from Australia, doesn't mean flirting isn't really flirting," he reasoned.

"Ok, but I'm still sure she's just being nice to me; There's no way that she likes me, I'm literally a murderer," I argued, sipping some more of my coffee.

"Then why did she let you come to her gig," Fletcher grinned, "lemme tell you, she likes YOU, maybe as a friend but if she let you sleep in the same bed as her on the first night of meeting, I'm pretty damn sure she likes YOU!" He yelled quietly. 

"Yeah, whatever," I said. I finished my coffee and then we headed outside and strolled to my car. Once we drove home, Flecther got out and walked to his car while waved goodbye to me.

"Let's do this again, ok?" He joked. Like I'd ever so that again with Fletcher. What a rollercoaster ride.

"Yeah, right." I laughed, getting out of my car and locking the door. Bye the time I looked up her was out of my sight. I sighed and fidgeted through my keys to find the key to my front door. After a while, I found the key and unlocked the door.  I was welcomed by Xena, who wagged her tail crazily in front of me. I squatted and patted her head. 

"I miss you too," I smiled, walking to the kitchen and pouring some dog food from a big bad into her container to eat it. As she began to much, I walked out and plonked myself onto the couch and checking my phone for any notifications. One from Aria.

I clicked the bar and it sent me to a picture of Aria's gig. It was a selfie of her and a bunch of others too, probably some new friends. I swiped left to see a long shot of her playing her guitar. All the customers at the cafe were glaring at her. She was sitting on a wooden stool and wearing a pair of turquoise and hot pink patterned bohemian pants, and a white cropped singlet, with a few pieces of golden jewellery scattered around her. I swiped left again and it took me to a video of her playing the guitar.  I clicked the play button in the middle. It took a few seconds to recognize the song she was playing, 

'rock + roll' by Eden. (A/N - I'm literally in love with this song :))

My smile grew as she played. Wow, she's so beautiful. I could feel my cheeks turning pink. I went back to messages and texted her back.

wow!  you look great! and I love the song you played. good job

While I waited for her to respond, I looked through some other messages from family and friends. A white bar suddenly appeared from the top of my screen along with Aria's name, I blushed at the heart at the end of her name.

I clicked on it.

thanks. it was really fun. Hey, so are you free tonight? Maybe we could go out to a restaurant or something.