The Bathroom

The light from Aria's bedroom window woke me up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and blinked quickly to get my vision back on track. But I couldn't seem to get the gunk out. I got up and walked down the hall until I found the bathroom to wash my face. I was so focused on the gunk in my eyes, that I completely ignored the running water coming from the bathroom. I opened the door without hesitation and approached the undermount sink. The shower curtain didn't even process into my mind. 

I turned the tap to the warm setting and gave my face a good wash; Finally, the gunk is out of my eyes. Thank god. I looked into the circle-shaped mirror and gave a smile to myself. But then, behind me in the mirror I saw the shower curtain swish across the metal bar attached to the walls; I turned around quickly. This can't be real, no way in hell can this be real. Aria stepped out of the shower, her head was focussed on the towel next to the shower curtain. Just before the noticed me, I covered my face with my hands. 

"Holy shit!" Aria squealed. "You scared me!"

"I'm so sorry," I said, I probably looked like a fool with my hands covering my face, "I didn't realise you were in there, I-I was just really focussed on getting the stupid gunk out of my eyes.".

"It's fine; You just scared me!" Aria shouted jokingly, "We're both girls, after all, there's nothing to be embarrassed about."

"Good point," I blurted laughing nervously.

"You can open your eyes, silly."

"It's ok, I'll just -" I  asserted but the creaking in the tiles stopped me from finishing my sentence. Was she really coming closer to me? Like this wasn't awkward enough. 

She touched my hands and pulled them away from my face. She had a towel wrapped around herself.  I could feel my whole face heating up.

"Ha, you really thought I would be naked, didn't you?" Aria joked.

"What pttf? No." I responded, my face felt like it was about to pop off. Aria gave a smirk. 

"I'll just get dressed...now," I said, walking out and shutting the door behind me. I leaned against it and gave out a huge sigh. Shit, that was really, really wierd, I thought. I tried to shake it off, but it was hard to shake off seeing someone naked, especially when they didn't know you saw it. But I walked off like I didn't see anything; I rubbed my head as I came into Aria's room where my clothes from yesterday were, on a painted wooden chair; I picked up my clothes that leaked the rest of the chair's painting. Of course, knowing Aria it was nature-themed. The legs of the chair laid painted daisies and on the seat of the chair, a forest; Colours of yellow, green and blue spread across the seat. I slipped on my jean shorts and my black T-shirt, looking exactly like I did yesterday except with a messy bun hairdo. 

I walked calmly out of Aria bedroom and kept walking until I found Aria in the kitchen cooking up a storm. I stood next to her and saw the frying pan on the stove, with eggs and bacon being fried on it. I inhaled the scent of the food.

"Mmmm smells delicious," I said, still looking at the oil bubbling in the pan. Aria slipped her spatula under the eggs and put them on a piece of toast, along with the bacon. She grabbed a plate and handed it to me.

"Eat up," she said, as I collected the china plate from her. 

"Wow, thanks," I thanked her,  following her to the dinner table. "So, how drunk was I last night?" I asked. I just had to know how crazy I was; I never get drunk, so a tiny bit of alcohol get set me off.