₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ ₴ɆVɆ₦

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧; 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬

"𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬."

××

AFTER CLASSES ended on that Monday, Bellatrix had dressed warmly in order to follow Corvus out into the Quidditch field. There wasn't any snow littering the ground, unlike Hogsmeade, but the temperature proved to be that of ghastly. Unfortunately for Corvus, she'd have to wear her Quidditch uniform, which means she would have to endure the cold weather for a bit.

When both of them made it to the field, Bellatrix left Corvus' side to go to the stands. As the taller girl walked to the field, broom in hand, Lukas Parkinson excitedly waved her over. "Lestrange!" He pointed at two second years that stood nervously next to him. "These are your two new chasers!"

The Lestrange walked up to the trio, the rest of the team a bit away and grimaced. "Why do you have to be so cheery in the evening, especially for a Slytherin?" Lukas just laughed and shook his head, "Just comes with being captain I guess." Once again, Corvus grimaced, then her eyes landed on the two second years next to him, the same cold eyes being used on them.

"Let's see how you play." Her voice was hard, the two Slytherins flinched but hastily got on their brooms. Corvus followed suit, watching as Lukas took out a quaffle from the case they were being held in. The Slytherin keeper, Cyrus Greengrass, hopped up on his broom as well, guarding the goal with a lazy stance.

Lukas threw the quaffle at Corvus, who caught it easily, then looked back on the nervous flyers. "I'm just going to see your skill, if you don't have any, you're getting kick off."

"That's not true!" Lukas interjected, shaking his head but letting out a small laugh at Corvus' behavior. Without saying another word, she threw the quaffle towards the one of the right side of her, the boy barely catching it. "Go." She announced, waiting for either boy to make a move, but when they didn't, she came up beside the one holding the quaffle, yanking it out of his hands.

"You want to see? Is that the issue?" The two boys hesitantly nodded, being afraid of the taller girl, who just sighed in regret, hating that she decided to do the sport. Swiftly, she moved forward, the cold wind burning against her face and rosy-ing up her cheeks at a quick rate. Cyrus, who was still lazily keeping the goal post, kept his eyes trained on Corvus, following her with precision.

Once she threw the quaffle, the Greengrass made a move to catch but was too slow, earning Corvus the fake points. Her head turned over her shoulder, the second years having pure awe on their faces as they watched the quaffle go in with no flaws.

Cyrus dropped down to retrieve the quaffle and threw it straight back to Corvus, who, yet again, caught it with ease. "You've gotten your example, now show me what you can do." She threw the quaffle at the other boy this time, who caught it easier than the first. Corvus noticed this and nodded her head, silently telling herself that the boy would probably be good.

All thoughts fell down the drain though, as their movements on the broom was absolutely horrid, Corvus had to stop herself from wincing at the sight of both of them wobbling. The taller girl flew down towards Lukas, who greeted her with the permanent smile that displayed itself across his lips.

"Did you just pick up two Slytherins who finally got a broom for Christmas? They are horrific." Lukas looked sheepish, which confirmed her question, her face turned sour as she kept her eyes trained on the two boys. "You couldn't have found two chasers that are in higher years?"