₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ ₴ɆVɆ₦₮ɆɆ₦

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧; 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

"𝐆𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫!"

××

UNLIKE THE usual times Corvus would spend getting dropped off at the station by herself, she was now accompanied by two others. Her brother, Rodolphus, had gotten his letter for starting this year and couldn't be anymore excited. Then there was Bellatrix, who was happily holding onto Corvus as their fingers were intertwined.

Rodolphus wasn't the only one expecting to start this year either, as Bellatrix's sister, Narcissa, and her cousin, Sirius would also be attending. Corvus was relatively happy when she walked onto the train with her wife and brother, not that she cared for her brother as much as Bellatrix, but happy nonetheless. 

The younger Lestrange had removed himself from the couple and ran down the train corridor as he found a suitable group of kids to hang out with, noting that he should find Sirius as well. Bellatrix and Corvus had went to their own compartment where they went to find Evan and Alecto.

Surprisingly, there were no interruptions as they opened the door to the cubby, noting that there was no brunette barging in. "No Sarah?" Bellatrix asked, a smirk appearing on her face as she relished in the fact that the girl would most likely not bothering them anytime soon. "Nope."

Corvus silently sighed, she was grateful that there was no trouble right away, she'd end up closing off for the rest of the year if Sarah had bothered them. As much as Corvus wanted to believe that, she knew that Bellatrix would be the only to put some sense in her.

The train ride was as it generally would've went, boring and just full of general conversation of how their summer went. However, Alecto was genuinely excited on the marriage between her two friends, the thicker girl finding it completely adorable considering their dynamic.

Much like the previous year, Evan and Corvus had gotten off the train as soon as it stopped and leading in front of most of the students due to their tall stature. Bellatrix tried to hold onto Corvus, however her legs couldn't keep up with the girl's pace, leaving her stuck with Alecto, squished between other students.

"Fuck you two. I hate these filthy mudbloods." Bellatrix cringed, pushing her wife slightly as her hands patted down her robes over and over again. Alecto doing nearly the same to hers.

It was small things like the way that Bellatrix curled her nose at something disgusting that made Corvus understand why she was so in love with the curly haired fireball. Deciding to subdue the new Lestrage, Corvus threw her arm over the shorter girl's shoulder and brought her closer.

As much as Bellatrix hated her curls getting messed up, she didn't mind Corvus doing it because to her, Corvus was ten times more special than her infamous Black hair, so to say she didn't mind was an understatement.

The Slytherin table seemed as crowded as the Slytherins always thought it was, gaining another table much like the others to accommodate the newcomers. The four friends adjusting to their seating, surprisingly with Andromeda following and sitting next to Corvus.

"Hi, Corvus, Alecto, Evan." The brunette greeted each of her sister's friends, and wife, as she leaned her head on the taller girl's shoulder. This was possibly the one of the only other people that Corvus trusted to be around, so she didn't tense at all when Andromeda made that action.

Each table was broken out with conversation, which was soon to be struck down by Dumbledore's voice echoing across the Great Hall. "Welcome to those who are now joining us and welcome back to those who came back. As always, the Sorting Ceremony will be the first to start your night." Dumbledore stepped down, motioning towards Minerva.

Immediately, the woman brought out her wand and a chair had been pulled up, settled in the front much like every year. The Sorting Hat was placed on a pedestal next to it and without a minute to waste, names began to roll from her mouth.

The group would usually ignore and speak in low voices, but considering the family members that were in both the Lestrange and Black house had siblings or relatives joining this year, they listened.

"Black, Narcissa!" McGonagall's voice spoke, making five pairs of ears perk up. Bellatrix and Corvus watched with stoic expressions, however the grip that the younger girl had on Corvus was a contradiction to her facial expression. The Sorting Hat didn't take too long before announcing; "Slytherin!" Alecto, Evan and Andromeda cheered along with the other Slytherins while Bellatrix's hand lightened a bit on Corvus' hand.

"Black, Sirius!" The boy stepped up, smiling widely at his cousin, but the smile soon dropped as his anxiety rose into his veins. The Sorting Hat was placed upon his head but instead of shouting Slytherin like the Blacks had thought, the hat shouted something else. "Gryffindor!"

Murmurs were all around the Great Hall, mostly from Slytherin but voiced opinions were heard from the Gryffindor table. "Gryffindor?" Evan questioned, looking towards the Black sisters, but none of them looked back. To be fair, they were just as lost as Evan, of course Sirius wasn't as Slytherin as they expected, but to be placed in Gryffindor was a bit of a stretch.

From his name, silence followed in the group, watching as the boy took his place in the Gryffindor table anxiously. It wasn't until Rodolphus' name was called did their ears perk up again.

"Lestrange, Rodolphus!" This time it was Corvus' turn to be a little anxious, although she would still love her brother the same, the thought of him being placed in a different house would throw her off. Luckily, the hat didn't even take a second to scream his placement. "Slytherin!" Corvus closed her eyes, and smiled lightly.

Rodolphus didn't spare his sister a glance and instead walked past her and to his new friends. The eldest Lestrange didn't mind knowing that if he got attention from his sister, which wouldn't happen either way, it would be embarrassing. When last of the first years had gotten finished with their sorting, conversations openly lit up once more, food being placed in front of them as each student dug in.

However, one thing that really confused Corvus was Sirius' placement, although the boy's family would surely disown him or ignore him completely, Corvus knew she wouldn't be able to do so. Much like Andromeda's situation with Ted Tonks, she wasn't going to judge the boy for his house, unfortunately the Lestrange knew she'd have to put on an act in front of Bellatrix.

××

Bellatrix knew something was off with Corvus when they had gone to the Slytherin common room, her eyes watched over the taller girl and scanned each unsettled movement she made.

So, once she got the chance, Bellatrix separated herself and Corvus away from their group. "What's wrong?" Corvus knitted her eyebrows together, not sure what her significant other was talking about or at least playing the part of confused. The raven haired girl wasn't having it though, sighing deeply as her hands rested against the taller girl's shoulders. "You're off, you're emotions are slacking in secret."

"Its about Sirius. What're you going to do about it? What's you're family going to do?" Corvus' voice came out low as she stared down at her wife, concerned emptying onto her features. "I can't do anything besides not talk to him, he became a dirty Gryffindor, far what he should be."

The green eyed girl tried her best not to sigh out loud and opted into clenching her teeth harshly. She knew Bellatrix was stuck in the manic Pure Blood ideals due to her family. It was one thing for her to talk about mudbloods and blood traitors being what they are and hearing the worst about it, but it was another thing to hear her say such things about her own family.

"Right..." Corvus trailed off, deciding to drop the conversation quickly. Her mood changed at a fast pace, grabbing onto the former Black's hand and dragging her to their dorm, but that mood was only an act in front of Bellatrix.

The newest Lestrange knew Corvus was holding back on something but let it go for now, one way or another the older girl would succumb to her thoughts and tell her.

But right now, Corvus was only thinking of Sirius and what his situation would be.

××