₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ ₮₩Ɇ₦₮Ɏ Ø₦Ɇ

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞; 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

"𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤, 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫."

xx

CORVUS DIDN'T get the chance to talk to Sirius for a while, she only started hearing commotions about him and James Potter getting into small amounts of trouble. She wished the boy would talk to her, but because Bellatrix seemed to be around her all the time, the boy had avoided his cousin's wife since he started at Hogwarts. However, he did manage to send her a couple of letters, apologizing for James' actions during the small fight. 

This brought Corvus to her current situation; trying to figure out what to write Sirius. Her head wracked for words to use as her quill scratched blank words on an even blanker piece of parchment. Deciding that she was at a block in her mind, she dropped the quill in slight frustration and her fingers curled tightly into her already messy hair. 

The creaking of the door wasn't enough to get her attention, allowing Bellatrix to silently walk through, quickly noticing her wife's slight frustration. The only thing that gave it away, was the taller girl's positioning. "Corvus." Bellatrix called out, earning a startled jump from said girl, the quill quickly falling to the floor as the startled actions disturbed it from its rest. 

Corvus looked frightened for a moment before realizing it was Bellatrix who had said her name, her eyes softening with relaxation and no attempt was made to hide the paper in front of her, as there was no words written. Usually, Corvus made sure she was aware of everything around her when she would start writing to Sirius, but this time her mind slipped from her. 

"Bella..." Corvus trailed off, her voice deep with exhaustion, aside from trying to figure out how to write and what to write to Sirius, she was lost in the loop of attempting to any assignments her professors had given her. Although Bellatrix shares the same classes with her wife, Corvus never once asked for help and never will, leading her in the lost world of stress and slight depression. 

"What is going on?" Bellatrix was quick to pick up the exhaustion in her voice, slowly making her way over, her footsteps still as quiet as when she came in. Unfortunately, Corvus shrugged her off, brushing off any emotions she had riddled on her face. "Nothing, just catching up on some work." 

This was new to Bellatrix, usually if Corvus had some kind of problem with anything, she'd express her concerns to the raven haired woman, but this time it was as if she had receded back into her stoic and void form. "Love, what's wrong?" The younger girl was persistent, not letting this go as her hand finally clasped gently onto the other's shoulder. Corvus had nothing else to shoot back with and instead sighed, her head gently turning back to the paper and attempting to wrack her brain for an excuse. 

But instead of lying to her wife, she told the truth. "I want to write to Sirius. But I can't find words to say to him." Bellatrix immediately removed her hand from Corvus' shoulder and scowled, her arms crossing over one another and her position turned defensive. "For what? He's no longer one of us, why would you want to write to him?" The taller girl sighed, unable to hide any displeasure she had in her face at her wife's response. 

"I wanted to see how he's doing, I've been hearing things around the school. This is his first year and I would really hope he would kick himself out of the school by associating with the boy that caused this," Corvus paused, pointing to her cheek where a small and slightly unnoticeable scar laid. 

A sound of discomfort came from Bellatrix's throat as she looked at the scar, her mind reeling with ways to punish the boy who did that to her significant other. Before her thoughts could run completely wild, Corvus had pushed her out of it. "I guess it's dumb, I'm not too sure. I just wanted to see how he was faring and to maybe stay out of trouble." There was a pause before Corvus turned her body completely towards Bellatrix.