Chapter 2 - That would be great.

Delilah's POV:

His large hands encased my small ones into a gentle handshake, his skin gently rubbed across my own.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, please, call me Shane" he introduced, his words coated thickly in a husky, Italian American accent.

I tore my eyes away from his, momentarily gazing upon his lips before I reached his eyes once more.
I retracted my arm, and straightened my back, which subtly pushed forward my chest.

"The pleasure is all mine", I had found myself enunciating each word carefully, doing so in order to accentuate my British accent.
"I'm Delilah Hart".

I allowed my blue orbs to meet his mesmerising green eyes, the same eyes that I knew held many dirty secrets behind the innocent facade that had been built. The faint wrinkles around his eyes suggested years of experience, both traumatic and joyful. His strong nose hinted heavily at his Italian descent, as well as the dark stubble that pepperminted his defined jaw, and the dark waves of hair on his head. A tiny birthmark painted itself above his top lip, close to his cupid's bow. His bottom lip was somewhat bigger than his top, but no doubt did his lips still look delicious.

"Delilah Hart" he repeated as if tasting my name on his tongue, I bit down hard on the inside of my mouth to stop myself from whimpering out in response.
"And I'd be correct in assuming you're English" he continued, looking into my pupils as if he were searching for something.

I swallowed down the annoyance that had began to bubble up inside of me, 'wow good fucking thinking Sherlock' were the words I wanted to say, but having thought better of it, I spat back a flat "You would be correct".

Almost as if he felt the annoyance radiating off of my body, he bit down onto his lower lip as he smirked, clearly trying to refrain himself from laughing.

"Well I think that's wonderful" his wife chimed in.

Ah yes, his wife. I forgot about her.

"We could do with some fresh conversation", she accompanied her sentence with a manic giggle, and I was left to try and figure out what was so funny about what she had said, that had caused her to laugh like satan himself.

"You will love it here..." she carried on endlessly, her speech about the safety of the neighbourhood filled the air around us.
My fingers etched at the paint on the door, my head and my heart pleaded with me to slam the door shut in her face, but the manners that I had been taught to have, told me to stay put for just a little while longer.

The way in which Vicky spoke was almost laughable, her animated gestures and wild facial expressions accompanied each story she was telling me. From them alone, I had come to the conclusion that she not only loved the sound of her own voice, but she was too up her own ass to even notice the way my eyes travelled over her husband.

There would be no use in trying to deny that Shane was by far the sexiest man I had ever set my sights on. His 6ft 4, muscular built body loomed over my 5ft 6 frame. The way his shirt clung to his abdominal muscles told me that he worked out often, he would definitely have no problem in being able to throw me over his shoulder, as if I weighed nothing. His biceps flexed whenever he had lifted his arm to swipe away hair from his forehead. Stretching out the material of his button down so that the tattoos that inked his arms became visible.

"Delilah" I heard Shane's voice growl, I nonchalantly dragged my eyes back towards his, not caring about the fact that he had caught me checking him out.
"Someone's asking for you" Shane said, turning around to point at the large moving van that was parked at the foot of my front yard.

"Oh yes, that's for me" I stated plainly.
"If you'll excuse me for just a moment, I have to unload my stuff from the van", I had been so close to pushing past them in order to get to my shit before I heard Vicky question

"Would you need any help? We honestly wouldn't mind".

I beamed, "That would be great"

"Amazing, let me just go put the cookies back at mine, and then I'll be right over" she began to walk away, but not before calling over her shoulder "Shane can you start helping Delilah?"

"Of course honey"

I practically rolled my eyes in his face at the excessive sweetness in their marraige. I personally had never been able to picture myself sharing a bond like that with anybody. Having grown up being surrounded by the overwhelming feeling of loneliness, I learned to adapt to being alone. And soon enough, I began to love being by myself.

I pushed past him, my shoulder grazed against his side and I felt him look down onto me as I did so.
The moving men had already finished unloading my boxes onto the ground by the time I had reached them. Signing the electronic pad, I showered them in continuous 'thank yous' as they all clambered back into their vehicle. They all raked their eyes over my figure once more before they pulled away from the sidewalk.

"What a bunch of fucking cunts" Shane breathed out from behind me, I yelped in suprise, I turned to face him with a hand placed over my heart.
"Did I shock you, Delilah?"

Fuck me, his voice was so deep it almost sound liked a moan.

"Not at all" I snapped back. I turned away from him, bending over to pick up the lightest cardboard box, it's contents only being some of my clothes.

"Well that's good" Shane challenged, "We wouldn't want your heart beating too fast now would we, Lilah?"

A/n

A double update? Damn, who even am I lolllll

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter

See you in the next one

Ciao

-bitchesaremysons x