Vote Your Fave Excerpts

Author's Note (MUST READ)

Hello everyone! I just want to thank you all for your never-ending support and your kind comments. It truly makes my day. I didn't expect, when I first started publishing the random one-shots I wrote years ago, that we'd get to 9,000+ reads. I wanted to do something special to celebrate but life (school, stress, fever) gets in the way huhuhu.

Still, I do want to give something special to end the year 2020 and to start 2021. This is not the end for Tantei-kun as your support makes me want to write more, and to explore these characters I've known since I was a kid.

Since I have tons of unfinished works, I'm going to include some excerpts here and let you all decide which I'll continue first! The fic excerpt that gets the most votes (by comments) will surely be included in the next updates.

I'm sure I want to upload a Hanahaki disease AU but other than that, I'm undecided on other fics I want to continue. Inspiration runs dry most of the times, unfortunately.

Voting ends once the Hanahaki disease chapter is published (whenever that is sorry huhu). Please do note that these fics will have lots of typos (no beta, we die like men) and once I do get to writing them, I'll edit and tweak stuff.

Without further ado, here are the excerpts:

_____

1 || counting

haibara ai keeps a count of murder-less days.

:

she doesn't mean to, really, it's just that she end up being drenched by somebody else's blood four days in a row and she wonders... what are the chances?

it's not far-fetched to think she has seen more dead bodies than an average police or detective. of course the blame goes on kudo. the corpse-magnet unfortunately doesn't have an off switch.

that's why an innocent trip to a museum ends with a torture device going 'haywire' and ai scrubbing the blood off of her sweater.

"who had the brilliant idea that first-graders should go to a museum about murder?" she mutters to herself.

:

day seven started out normal.

then kudo kicked his soccer ball (she should keep a needle ready, it's easy to pop, right?) on a private property. she can't help but be dragged to an investigation as to why there seems to be nobody answering their calls and a suspicious dog lurking in the backyard.

he solves it in an hour, ai watches him with mild amusement, and they don't need an adult to get then out of this situation.

she bumps their shoulders together. "aren't you getting confident- solving this case? it's not just a dog, but a dog whose owner is a drug dealer."

"nope," he answers easily, "you've got to have more faith in me."

ai laughs. "you're not a saint. even if you were, i wouldn't pray to you. i wouldn't pray."

:

she restarts her count the next day. it's day one. she's cooking dinner for hakase and her when the phone rings.