Three

"I'm telling you, Kudou-kun, I will use you as my lab rat as soon as this day ends."

"Stop hissing, it makes you sound like a snake, and you're not a snake."

"Yeah, just the killer of the Kudou Shinichi."

Shinichi laughed, ruffling Shiho's hair. She stopped walking, turning to glare at the detective.

"You have to try to smile," Shinichi said. "It's your first day at high school."

"This is my second time-"

"You didn't get to school last time," he retorted with a joking tone even though what they were talking about was serious.

Shiho remained passive, letting only her eyes see how annoyed she truly was. After all, being in a high school uniform and walking with a certain detective wasn't how she expected her day to start. On second thought, her day started with sarcastic remarks and a few screeches.

"You're too serious, Shiho, loosen up." Shinichi continued to walk, excited on his first day of his re-appearance and Shiho's debut.

"Stop calling me Shiho." She caught up to him, her voice bordering the line of annoyance and full blown anger. It was quite a feat that Shinichi, with all of his experience at reading people's expressions, couldn't see one emotion on her face.

"Then call me Shinichi."

"Shinichi."

"Much better, Miyano-san." He grinned at her.

Shiho bit her tounge. She wasn't used to Shinichi calling her 'Miyano-san' and he knew that. She really wanted to hide any signs of her discomfort, like really wanted to. Unfortunatley, Shinichi saw that small flinch and instantly smiled at her.

"Just call me Shinichi, Shiho."

She drew in a sharp breath. "Shi-ni-chi."

"Come on, Shiho." There was a barely noticable shift on the air around Shiho. "I don't know why you don't want to properly call me by my first name but that has to wait, we're already here."

As he said, Teitan High came into focus. Shiho knew that she was wearing the same clothes as the dozens of teens entering the school with then but she felt as if she stood out. Sure, she was a new face but there were a whole batch of new faces, too. Maybe it was because of Shinichi, the missing golden boy that returned, that was humming what he considered as music.

Later, she would be bombarded by questions, each getting more personal as it goes. Shinichi was trying to block them but Mouri Ran asked for him and Shiho knew he couldn't disagree with her. So, she was left to fend off with the crowd that was forming around her. Thankfully, the teacher came and she was relieved of the interview.

However, when lunch rolled by and Shinichi was talking with Ran again, the curious teenagers followed Shiho once again. They were trying get on her good side, which practically didn't exist, and Shiho's patience was wearing thin. She knew that Shinichi could command them with a flick of his hand but he was busy and it was with Ran, she would be a monster trying to ruin their time together.

Some guy, Aito or Eito, was drooling all over her. Not clearly getting the signs that she would strangle him anytime soon, he continued to speak. "So can I meet your family? You know, for blessing and all."

It took Shiho's whole will power not to punch him. The guy, still persistent as ever, flirted with her more and more. Even the other kids were feeling weird by his comments. Shiho had enough. She had heard from Shincihi before that there was a guy who liked every new pretty girl, pretty sure he was talking about Aito/Eito.

Forgetting their small fight, she looked at Shinichi who was near the field. She stood on the bleachers, receiving shocked looks. With her calm voice she said, "Shinichi."

Without even a single thought, said teen was already walking towards her, his face filled with happiness. The group parted, staring at him with awe. By the time Shinichi got to where they were sitted, Shiho was once again sitting and completely ignoring Aito's/Eito's open jaw, just like everyone's else.

If it was even possible, Shinichi's grin became wider and shone brightlier. Shiho couldn't help but smile back.

*Sorry for any typos and this... Did not come out as well as I expected. Sorry.