Sixteen

"Interviewer"

"Shiho"

"Shinichi"

:

"How long have you been married?"

"Give or take two years."

"We celebrated our anniversary last week. What the f*ck do you mean by give or take?"

:

"Who proposed between the two of you?"

"I obviously did."

"You didn't have to put obviously there, Shiho."

"The whole world knows how we got engaged. You were bleeding out on the street with dozens of cameras watching you die."

"Romantic, I know."

"Well, it trended for a couple of weeks on the net. It was only pushed down by your official announcement, after you were discharged from the hospital."

"And I'm eternally grateful to my parents during that time. It must've been hard to fight off the press."

"They sneaked into Shinichi's second surgery by impersonating a surgical intern."

"Good thing you managed to catch him."

"He was holding a scalpel the wrong way, Shinichi. It would've been embarrassing if I at least didn't know that he was an impostor."

"You didn't have to punch him."

"I don't have to do a lot of things, and yet I chose to do so. It's what makes a person who they are. Plus, you weren't there."

"I was there— on the table, unconscious."

:

"After all the chaos from the Black Organization takedown, did you have a proper first date? Kudo-kun was once caught saying Shiho didn't really woo me, though she was the one who proposed. We don't even have a first date."

"I did take her for a proper first date. I was in wheelchair but that's besides the point, don't you think?"

"We stumbled upon a corpse. Fun times."

"But the corpse was fake."

"Not the first one, of course. But the next two ones were. We didn't stumble onto those anyway, they fell on us."

"Are you sure this is a romantic first date?"

"Romantic for like three hours."

"And then came the corpses and the police and you know the rest."

"Wait, are you two talking about the Snowdrops Inn Murders?"

"They have a name for it?"

:

"People were surprised when you announced you were going to have a big wedding. Apparently, they were convinced you were going to keep it small and private."

"I did live most of my life quietly, and my relationship with Shinichi is indeed private but..."

"We thought it'd be nice."

"To have a big wedding?"

"The thing is..."

"You tell them, Shiho."

"You're the one who first thought of it."

"Would I have done it without your permission?"