Two

"This is stupid."

"This is an abomination."

A few meters away, Ayumi, Mitsuhiko and Genta were hiding behind stacked boxes of props, their faces filled with glee. They were watching their two best friends, Conan and Haibara. Mitsuhiko had a camera hanging from his neck, ready to be used at any moment.

"Romeo and Juliet?!"

"And you're Juliet while I'm Romeo?!"

"Blame your rotten luck. Everybody wanted you to be the Romeo since you're pretty much the most popular boy in juniour high, so they let you randomly pick Juliet."

"Did I hear Haibara Ai compliment me?"

"Don't flatter yourself, Edogawa-kun."

Ayumi giggled, her eyes focused on the two. Behind them, the whole class of 2-A were busy finishing last minute props and costumes. They had already made sure that their leads were in their costumes, all ready, for their last practice.

"At least you'll have a dead body to poke at."

"Seeing you dead isn't exactly a great scene. And you won't really be dead."

"But when I open my eyes you'd really be dead."

Genta turned to his two friends. "What exactly are we doing?"

"Be quiet, Genta-kun," Mitsuhiko hissed, reaching for his camera.

"We're spying them," Ayumi replied, already imagining the new additions to her 'Friends' Album'.

Mitsuhiko ignored Genta's later protests, focused on getting pictures of Conan and Haibara. Truthfully, he wanted her pictures more but the only way to get that was too join Conan too, he'll just edit them when he had the chance. He was clicking the shutter every second, not wasting any chance.

"Mitsuhiko-kun," Ayumi whispered, "it's almost time to practice. You only have a couple of minutes."

Mitsuhiko distractedly nodded, watching Conan check something on his phone from the camera's lenses. Conan laughed, and then showed her whatever was on the screen and Haibara softly chuckled. Unfortunatley, their eyes were too slow to catch the scene and the next thing they knew, they were already practicing.

It was only later when they were reviewing the photos that they learned that Haibara could be that happy and that Conan could make her chuckle.