𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦 - 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘉𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 {4/4}

It's been around five years since my mother passed. I continue to miss her, but not like how I did for the first two years...  I've also read some of the journal pages for my past birthdays and some other things... 

I think about her a lot still, but not in sadness... I worked very hard to get where I am when it comes to my mourning about my mother's death... I have also visited our bench a lot, I try to at least once a month just to tell her everything that's been going on.

It's December 12th I have continued as my mother told me to, I'll be fifteen tomorrow... It's been weird without Father around. I've been calling him father for the past four years, I think he deserves the title because he has been an excellent father figure to me. He says that he's always seen me as one of his daughters the entire time I've known him...

I can't wait to see what the rest of my life holds for me. I hope I'm making Mama proud...

I was warmly tucked under my quilt when I heard the door to Jo, Beth, and I's room open. The floorboards creaked and I heard whispers coming closer, was I in a dream? I must have been half-awake...

All of a sudden I felt a soft hand play with my hair, "Meg, can't we just yell at her to get up?" Jo asked. 

"No, today is her special day! We shall gently wake her up..." Meg softly said as she continued to play with my hair and whispered my name. 

No more than three seconds later Jo groaned and said, "This is no use!" and jumped on top of me, I screeched as I felt her weight. I sat up to see Beth and Amy giggling at the end of my bed, Meg smirking at my bedside, and Jo lying on top of me. "Happy Birthday my darling, Eliza!" Jo said with a wide mischievous smile.

I laughed and said, "Well, that was a very surprising, 'good morning'!" 

The girls laughed and Beth said, "Hannah has been slaving over the stove to make your favorite breakfast! We mustn't keep her waiting! " 

My eyes widened and I asked with excitement, "French Toast?" 

Meg smiled and said, "We even have syrup!" 

"And strawberries!" Amy added. 

"Ler her get up,  Jo. " Beth said, she sighed and got off of me.

I pushed my covers off and stood up in my nightdress as Jo walked over to the chair in our room. She grabbed my shawl and handed it to me, then they all went in for a group hug. I truly love these girls, they are my sisters, and I wouldn't have it any other way...

Jo groaned and said, "Let's go!" We all laughed and Meg, Beth, and Amy went downstairs. 

I went to our vanity to brush my hair. "Let me freshen up, I'll be right down. " 

"I guess my roaring stomach can wait for you..." Jo said as she rolled her eyes with a smile. A few seconds later I put the brush down and she came towards me. "Happy Birthday, Eliza. " Jo said as we hugged once again. I hugged her back and she pulled away with her hands on my shoulders. "I can't believe you're all grown up! My darling, Eliza, already fifteen..." 

"Oh, stop it! You sound like father!" I said with a giggle as I swatted her arm.

Jo dragged me by the hand to the dining room table. There was a plate of steaming french toast with a bowl of syrup and some sliced strawberries on another plate. Meg sat a jug of milk next to the eggs and Amy was setting the table. Hannah had come into the room with a plate of bacon and placed it on the table.