𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘦

"Oh, thank goodness it will be dark in the theater! This brushing braid is hanging off the hem. " Meg said as she held the torn fabric in her hand.

We were in our petty coats getting ready for the theater tonight, I was very excited because I'd never been to the theater before! I was rubbing some lotion onto my arms as Meg helped Jo with her corset, Jo had already helped me with mine.

"I must have put my foot through it. " Jo joked and we laughed as Amy barged into the room and closed the door behind her. 

"You're going out. I can smell the eau de cologne right along the landing and Hannah's been polishing the opera glasses. " Amy said loudly.

 "Yes, she had. Because we're going to the theater. " Meg said while tightening Jo's corset. 

"To see The Seven Princesses of the Diamond Lake? " Amy asked with a shocked look.

"Yes, Laurie asked the three of us to go with him and Mr. Brooke. " Jo said as I stood up to fix my hair. 

"Then I'm coming, too! " Amy said with a slight laugh.

 I sighed as Jo shut her down. "No, you aren't, because you haven't been asked. " Amy's assuming look quickly turned into jealousy.

Meg asked, "Oh, Jo, couldn't we buy her a ticket? It was my turn to have the rag money this month, and I haven't spent it yet. " 

Amy jumped up and down and said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! ", until Jo interrupted her. 

"No, Meg- even if we can get her a ticket, she can't sit alone. And neither you, Eliza nor I can sit alone, so that means Laurie or Mr. Brooke would have to. You're supposed to be the one with the ladylike manners, Meg. " 

Meg clicked her tongue in disappointment for Amy while I added, "Amy, I love you but If you were to manage to get a ticket, you would have to sit in a dark room, alone... There are men who you don't know that could sit next to you and make you uncomfortable, it's not safe... I'm sorry. " I looked away from the mirror once I finished my hair to see a furious and tearful Amy, I hate to exclude her but it's dangerous for a young and pretty girl like her to sit alone at a place like the Theater... 

"I hate you, Josephine and Eliza March. " Amy said as she stepped towards us, Meg stopped buttoning her corset, Jo stared at Amy, and I quietly gasped as she continued, "I can take care of myself, I'm not a child.." Amy locked eyes with me and she said to both of us. "And you two will pay for this. Just you wait. " With those words, she stormed out of the room and slammed the door. Meg, Jo, and I stood in there dumbfounded. 

I must have had a concerned look on my face because Jo faced me and said, "Eliza, I doubt that Amy is going to do anything... We'll make it up to her. " I nodded as I collected myself and began to put on my dress. 

We laughed as we walked out of the house to meet Laurie and Mr. Brooke at their carriage, Jo began to run to the carriage so Meg and I had to catch up with her. "Come on! " Laurie said as he stood from the bench and Mr. Brooke opened the carriage door.  

Jo entered the carriage, "I'm sorry, Meg was fussing with her hair. She won't let me near her with the tongs anymore. " 

I laughed, "Well of course she wouldn't! You seared a whole strand of hair off of her head! " Laurie softly laughed and Meg giggled while Jo gasped. We all piled into the carriage next to Mr. Brooke and rode off to the theater with smiles on our faces.