Chapter Two

"Ugh. I feel like I'm about to fall asleep up here," Kai said.

Opal, Mako, and Kai had been travelling for 11 hours toward the Western Air Temple. 

"You'd better not," Mako said, completely serious.

"Relax, Mako," Opal chided. "He was probably joking."

"I'm sorry to say I wasn't," Kai said, yawning.

Before anything else could be said, Mako half-shouted, "We've arrived."

"Yes!" Kai exclaimed, pumping his fist. 

He quickly landed Lefty and the group entered the Western Air Temple.

"Wow," Opal said, staring a sky bison painting.

Before they could explore further, an Air Acolyte stepped into view.

"You must be Opal, Mako, and Kai. We've been told to expect you," she said. "My name is Otana. A/N She's a O/C I will help assist and guide you if you need it. Let me show you where you will sleep." 

When everyone had gotten to their dormitories, they were all invited to dinner.

At dinner, the Equalist problem was discussed.

Kenzo, the man they considered to be the 'leader' started. "Firstly, we welcome our guests, Opal, Kai, and Mako."

The Air Acolytes all dipped their heads.

"Secondly, I introduce myself. I am Kenzo. Thirdly, we must discuss the Equalist problem." Turning toward Opal, Kai, and Mako, he asked, "How much do you know?"

"We know that there's a small band of Equalists here. That's pretty much it," Mako replied.

"Hmm. There's not much else to say then. We don't know much either, but they've been taking our food and supplies. Anybody we send out alone either never comes back or is sent back dead."

Kai was taken aback by that. Opal and Mako's eyes widened before quickly going back to normal.

"To be frank, we don't even know if the band of Equalists is small or not," he continued. "If you could... we would like you to scout the area around us. We are unsure of even which direction their base is."

"Um..." Kai said. "Do you think 3 people will be enough?"

"We have other Air Acolytes," Kenzo offered.

"Um..." Kai said again. "Right. No offense, but how much combat experience do they have?"

"Er..." Kenzo said. "Not much," he admitted. "But your mentor, I believe, Tenzin, said no other reinforcement could be offered."

"We'll do our best then," Opal said, cutting in.

"Thank you."

 A/N Dialogue isn't exactly my strong suit. I think the story will get more interesting the further we go. Action is to come.