Chapter Seven

Kai smiled, staring at his girlfriend.

God, he was so lucky to even be able to say that.

"Um, should I know why you're staring at me like that?" Jinora asked, snapping Kai out of it.

"You're just beautiful, that's all," Kai said, admiring her.

Jinora blushed, her cheeks turning bright red.

Kai and Jinora stared at each other, engulfed in a comfortable silence.

"JINORA!" a voice yelled, sounding like Tenzin to Kai.

It was, in fact, Tenzin. 

He was running over to her, but stopped in his tracks when he saw Kai's spirit.

Kai turned and faced Tenzin, blushing.

"Uhhhhhh.... hi?"

"Hello, Kai," Tenzin said, seemingly having gotten over the initial shock. 

Kai and Jinora exchanged a glance, seemingly agreeing their time was up.

"Well..." Kai started. "I have- I have stuff to do. Y'know... the mission and all that..."

Kai flashed out.

While their time was short lived, Kai and Jinora cherished it deeply. Knowing they would have limited opportunities to spend time with each other, they made the most of what they got.

Kai smiled when he returned to his body, and smiled giddily the rest of the day.

A/N I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've lost a lot of that 'Kainora' energy I had when I started this story. I'm still not feeling this ship right now, but I'll do my best to finish this story.